View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2017, 05:05 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical View Post

Pitchkit was usually the fiercest of the kits. The negative one. Always strong. Never broken. But when she saw her mother lying there, not breathing and cold, with her father curled around her crying. Pitchkit was different. She frowned. Because unlike most kits she understood. She wasn't young anymore, and she knew cats died. But the strange thing was how her mother had died? If the molly had been all about facts she would have asked that. But she was not. She was about herself. And those she loved. About doom. And the last thing. Yes the last thing had just happened to her mother. But also to her, her littermates, and her father. She was never going to see Talonfang ever again. The beautiful black and white she-cat was dead. Pitchkit was never going to see her again. Whether she liked it again. Fighting back tears the molly spoke. "She's dead." The kitten whispered, but she did not wail like her father she merely dipped her had sadly. "Who will be my mother now?"
Sproutwhisker didn’t know what to do, what to think, what to even feel at this point. His body was shaking like he was cold and out in the snow, feeling his heartbeat slowly soften as the tomcat’s painful yowling had faded away from the ringing in his ears. He buried his face into Talonfang’s neck, his claws digging into the moss underneath his paws as he regained himself ever so slowly with an endless ache in his chest and head. Was this really how the tomcat’s life would go? After he had lost Ripplewhisker to sickness so many moons ago, the black-furred warrior thought that Talonfang was his savior from this endless pain. She was supposed to live for so many more moons with him, they were going to watch their kittens grow to become noble warriors of Riverclan together as they aged in the Elder’s den and then they would go to Starclan together. Sproutwhisker didn’t know if he would be able to take this pain for much longer, this endless torture that he seemed to receive since he opened his eyes as a youth. The tomcat drew away from his emotional blur once his daughter’s whispering words stirred in his ears, making him remember once again that he was a father. He had five little ones to take care of all on his own now. He lifted his head to peer at Pitchkit for a moment. “She is with the stars now.” Sproutwhisker murmured, hating to just say that she was merely dead, “With my father, Ripplewhisker, your grandfather, safe from pain and harm.” He managed to actually heaved himself to his paws and shakingly lay down with his children, pulling them close to him and away from their lifeless mother. “I will take care of you, I promise. I will make sure all of you grow up to make your mother proud.” He was saying these words without much thought, almost to get him through this time, to help himself, though he was breaking inside now.

Last edited by Captain; October 30th, 2017 at 05:06 PM.