View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2024, 02:57 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: emb(ARK)ing on a hike. [training thread]

Once whichever respective kits (and an apprentice) had gathered, the amber-eyed feline took a moment to scrutinize Rookpaw before figuring it was likely about time the apprentice be given a little bit of trust. Standing, the lithe grey feline lashed her plumed tail against the ground to garner the attention of her pupils. That was what they were today - there would be no bias here. Lostspark had once been the Apprentice Enforcer, even in her warrior days, because of her tendency to steal away random apprentices for training.

"Follow me, keep up." She said, voice sharp. She wasn't entirely heartless though, and even had it been any other apprentice, Lostspark would still have done what she did now. She slowed down marginally from her usual brisk pace to a more normal one, because Cinderpaw was likely still adjusting to the use of only three limbs.

Croaking Swamp was the first area Lostspark led them all to, making sure they were all still with her as she went. She wouldn't abandon an untrained apprentice in the territory, no matter how much it may seem that way.

This area's land was a marsh, getting muddier and more unpleasant the deeper a cat went. "Watch your step. This is Croaking Swamp, one of ShadowClan's landmarks. You can hunt lizards, birds, and fishes here. I usually send patrols here for herbs like mushrooms and broom." She lifted a shoulder in a shrug.

"One day, if you're up for it, I can teach you how to swim."
She paused, gaze flitting to the former RiverClanner in their midst. "I reckon you can swim already, but don't test out these waters without ... adult supervision." Technically, Rookpaw was practically warrior aged, and taller than Lostspark already, but semantics. They knew what she meant. Wait for a properly trained warrior before committing to stupid stuff.

Shadow's Break was the next area Lostspark led them to, her ears flicking as she scented the air, making sure no predators lurked. "This is Shadow's Break, and just beyond is Icy Heartlands, where we're going next. We use this mainly as a herb gathering ground, but hunting is encouraged so long as you're not going around trampling all this greenery."

Picking her way over to the next landmark she had in mind, the herbalist inclined her head. "I just mentioned this one. Icy Heartlands. Named after Icestar, a former ShadowClan leader. A lot of the trees here are home to spiders, so if you're assigned to a cobweb patrol, you're probably coming here."

[ @Mica - Birdpaw / @Neptune. - Cinderpaw / @Poprock - Moonpaw / @taillow - Mirepaw / @Estelle - Sleepypaw / @alec - Rookpaw | I just wanted to get this over with quickly since it was requested the old landmarks be familiarized before the move - For tal and Estelle, you guys can say Mirepaw / Sleepypaw are with them, I didn't have Lostspark address it directly, kept it vague so you two can still join in if you wish! ]

So paint me the villain, make me a martyr.