View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2024, 10:32 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Default Re: down by the water

( @taillow )

Dusklion seemed rather startled by Cinderflare's comment, which drew a bit of a smile from the cat. Interesting- she would've expected some sort of witty remark in return, considering what she knew of the Head Lionheart. Granted, that wasn't much, but given the way she'd burst out at a past meeting, the gray molly figured she was nothing short of a spitfire.

So, she wanted to know why she was out here? Nice deflection. She must not want to focus on herself, then. An attempt to grow, perhaps just her being startled that someone would see her in that light, or an effort to hide who she really is after how she's acted in the past? Dusklion's fiery, determined side didn't blend well with the attitudes that many of RiverClan's cats had, either past or present.

Most of RiverClan's higher ranks had been too passive, in Cinderflare's opinion. It was probably why RiverClan was in the state that it was in; if a cat was going to be a high rank, they needed to actually have the spine to go and do something, good or bad. Simply sitting around like a lump on a log doing nothing was worse than going out and making mistakes.

Realizing she was getting a bit distracted, she finally answered the Lionheart's question. "I usually sleep outside of the camp. There's too many cats in the camp; it always feels too stuffy. Out here, I have the space and freedom to think, and to explore."

Shifting her eyes towards the distant horizon at the edge of the sea, she asked, "So, your brother is the leader now, it seems. It's been quite the whirlwind lately, with leaders coming and going like leaves in the wind." Cinderflare was curious how she'd respond- it could give her more insight into how she really saw herself fitting into this Clan. Would she choose to focus on the shift in leadership, or move the conversation back to herself?
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.