View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2024, 06:35 PM
scarlet princess

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Lazy
Default Re: A Finch at Daytime

Oh. So Daykit had never heard of Starclan, then, or at least didn't remember it. Finchpaw had no idea how to start explaining that to a kit. But someone had to, right? Daykit deserved to know, and even though Finchpaw didn't have the soothing voice of a queen or the wisdom of a warrior, he would still try his best.

"So... since you're here, that makes you a clan cat. You were probably born in a clan, or one of your parents was. Either way, you have clan blood inside of you." Finchpaw took a seat next to the Daykit, inviting the younger to come closer, but hopefully not making him uncomfortable. This conversation might take a bit, after all. "There are four clans in the forest. Thunderclan, where I'm from- then Riverclan, Shadowclan and Windclan."

The name of the clan that killed him still left a bitter taste on Finchpaw's tongue, but he wouldn't say anything about it. Daykit was too young to hear about war, at least right now, and for all he knew the kit could be Riverclan himself. "The cats who live in those clans are called warriors, with some exceptions. The youngest ones, like you, are called kits. That's why you have your name." Finchpaw wasn't sure how much of this Daykit knew already, but it couldn't hurt to help him remember. "I'm an apprentice, which is why I have a 'paw' in mine. There are queens, like whoever your mom was... and the medicine cats, deputies and leaders. Elders too."

The brown tabby gave a sheepish grin, feeling like this might be a bit too much for Daykit. "You don't need to remember all that, though! So, no matter what clan you're from, or who you are, everybody goes to Starclan someday. Like you and me. Sometimes things can happen to living cats, like they can get sick, or hurt... and then, their soul comes here."

Could Daykit understand all that? He hoped he wasn't giving the kit a headache. Finchpaw knew that when he was in the nursery, his attention span was... poor, to say the least.

Finchpaw gave Daykit a small, encouraging smile, ready to try and answer any more questions he might have.

[@Starphobia]

my rp tracker

Last edited by zozelen; May 19th, 2024 at 06:41 PM.