View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2024, 04:03 PM
bork bork

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Icy Heartlands

Kestrelpaw
7 moons || ShadowClan || @Wingnettle

Kestrelpaw bounded over to the pond. Tiny sheets of ice covered the sides of the pond breaking away to frame the
freezing cold water below. "I'm ready." his patience started to run dry even though it had only been a few minutes.
His lack of patience was one of his greatest flaws. Gingerly taking a few steps into the water as Lynxshade deemed alright,
His short fur wasn't much protection against the cold waves. He let out a shiver.

He watched eagerly as Lynx swimming began swimming and with a sudden burst of confidence the Kestrelpaw just ....ran into the water.
Yelping as water flooded their pelt. The tom started to flop around, limbs flailing around as they tried to touch the bottom and
regain stability. His paw caught on a submerged branch or rock, causing his head to go under the water for about a second
before he had the sudden epiphany that he had just learnt how to swim.

Kestralpaw tried to turn his body, awkwardly stretching his paws upward, as if trying to grasp pawfuls of water.
He kicked his back legs in place, rising to the surface with an unsteady grin. “I think I'm doing it…. maybe??”

Last edited by Hound; May 16th, 2024 at 04:12 PM.