View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2024, 11:40 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: “A Rabbit on the Hunt! So Scary!” [P]

Rabbitpaw
He/him | WC Apprentice Tunneler | Moons: 7 | Purrks: None| Part Manx cat

Rabbitpaw nodded at the information. The blonde tom hasn't had much experience with herbs but he would like to, it was fascinating to him just as the rest of the world was. Learning how to hunt, and tunnel, and track things down was just as interesting as herbs were. Though herbs felt like some sort of magic and in his opinion it was when you thought of it. Like all these plants that so happen are able to heal and mend under careful care and collected knowledge that's passed down so meticulously as more knowledge is learned and passed on. It was so cool! He would like to learn some basics and stuff to help be better at collecting herbs for patrols and also for his natural curiosity and maybe one day it would come in handy, who knows. Well anyways, tracking prey was also very very interesting!

He closed his ears and tried to focus in on what he knew things smelt like and tried to place it among the scents of everything else happening right now. He knew the smell of fur and vole and mole, he was familiar with those so it was easier to search for those than prey that he hasn't caught yet. [ D20: 10 | shaky pass ] Rabbitpaw just barely was able to get something that he recognized among the plants and grass and everything and he blinked open his eyes into a squint and bent down lower to the ground trying to nail down which way the scent was coming from. Well if the wind was blowing that way and then scent must be coming from upwind. That made sense, yes, and so with his nose towards the ground he padded forward slowly. After a few tail lengths he closed his eyes again trying to catch on to where the scent with as the wind change enough to lose it through logic. [ D20: 1 | Critical failure ] Ah, he lost it. The flowers that were closer overwhelmed everything else he tried to catch through the scents through his nose and he sat up and turned around to pad back towards Loudwhisker. "I smelt a mole nearby and tried to follow it but all the flowers made me lose track." He explained and waited for the warrior to offer more words of their own to hopefully guide him or oh! "Can you show me how to follow scents easier once you catch them at first? Like it totally just disappeared on me when the breeze changed just a smidge."
[ @rubberRatroom - Loudwhisker ]

Rabbitpaw gif made by ramen!

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!