View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2024, 12:03 AM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: “A Rabbit on the Hunt! So Scary!” [P]

Rabbitpaw
He/him | WC Apprentice Tunneler | Moons: 7 | Purrks: Two Left Paws | Part Manx cat

Right okay, Rabbitpaw can do that, he thinks but he wasn't sure until he tried so he swiftly responded with a wide smile and a determined nod. He let his green eyes fall closed again and this time when he tried to understand the puzzle of scents and noises coming at him again. This time he tried to catch the scents like rabbits in a tunnel. It was linear at first thought, catch the scent, hear the skittering, then the chase begins and soon you realize that there's more to it than you originally thought. Old scents tangle with new ones, and the tunnel bangs and bumps in the trail beneath his paws trying to trip you at every twist and turn and suddenly the rabbit seems so far away... that was until it wasn't and it was suddenly at your paws and you hardly even realized because it was so dark and you're so used to seeing prey as it lands beneath your claws, but it was here.

So anyways, he thought about scents, bit by bit, piece by piece until some parts of them all made sense and clicked into their proper places. The morning dew on blades of grass, the tall heather reeds, then he moved onto bigger pieces. His own scent and then Loudwhisker's scent. Then moving further. While most of it was still muddled and confusing and tangled, it was starting to make sense and Rabbitpaw opened his eyes excitedly to tell the warrior about his discovery. His tail wagged behind him as Rabbitpaw turned towards Loudwhisker with a wide smile, "I think I'm starting to get it!! Do you have tips on how to track down like prey trails like this? Like prey scent through all the plants and air and stuff? In the tunnels new scents and old scents are similar because of the lack of air to sweep away old ones. OOoo what about finding herbs by scent?"
[ @rubberRatroom - Loudwhisker ]

Rabbitpaw gif made by ramen!
Rabbitpaw header made by Marigoldwhisper!

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!