Old May 8th, 2024, 12:35 PM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: is your blood authentic? can you prove it? [ p ]

「♚」 THE DETAINEE「♚」
╰► WORMBITE
he | him X heavily scarred tall & malnourished black tom with white speckles; cloudy amber eyes. gashes and scratches litter his pelt varying in age & sizes. his left ear is half torn off whilst his left hindleg is broken and his right paw is severely sprained. X
ೃ⁀➷ @Shade. @taillow

,,it was so bright out. Wormbite couldn't recall the last time he had felt the sun against his black pelt. His "enrichment" walks typically .. well, he would be a liar to say he could make a guess at what time of day they usually occurred. Either at night or in the early dawn. Still, the sun was nice despite the fact his eyes were currently squeezed shut and he was using his paws to cover them from the blinding rays.

His ears listened to the stranger walk around him, every muscle of his was tense in preparation. ,, was this outsider simply another one of Mouse's 'friends?' Which — his eyes snapped open (and then immediately closed in regret) — "w..Where's - where's W - wolf?" Wormbite croaked out, his voice raspy & harsh. He could not smell the feline anywhere nearby, which meant maybe ,, .. if he and the stranger could .. they could kill Mouse. Two against one and he knew that insane cat despite all her bark wasn't quite the fighter.

".. Dunno! " Mouse piqued up, he could hear the shuffling of dirt. (theycoulddoithecoulddoithecouldteartheother'sthro-)The sound of someone walking,, around he thought. He could feel her gaze boring into him. In fact, he was so focused on his captor that he hadn't expect for the stranger to touch him. It wasn't a harsh touch, gentle even. Still, he flinched back — jerking his broken leg away — he hissed in regret. "Wormbite." A voice warned, steady & cold.

thumpthumpthumpthump

Adrenaline started to spike through his body. He shakily relented, turning his head away from the stranger but nonetheless allowed him to .. do what they needed. He bit his inner cheek, the iron tang of blood filling his mouth but the pain kept him - there. Still, and alert.

The smell of herbs was making his stomach churn in disgust. He never liked them in the first place but at this point .. ,, he did not believe he could ever see them the same. "Ooh! That's marigold? Hm, fitting name, " Mouse spoke, coming closer and closer to gaze at the flower.

Wormbite stared at the herb for a bit too long before he finally leaned forward to lap it up. The smell was familiar, he's collected marigold enough to know the scent. At least this stranger did seem to hold no ill intention. It was, peculiar. He couldn't figure out why Mouse would bring them here.
there was always a catch, some type of game. something to get at; to make him break - that had to be the case, wasn't it? ,, she wanted to dangle hope in front of him. Like a pig and a carrot stick.

maybe she didn't intend for the stranger to make it out alive. It was risky. She purposefully tried to keep him hidden, to change their locations so he couldn't be found. Mouse had wanted to make him disappear. Why change that now?

"Worrmy, did you eat it all?" Mouse cooed, interrupting his thoughts. He turned his head in her vague direction, opening his mouth to reveal that he in fact did manage to choke it down before turning his away from her once more.

The oriental blinked, cloudy eyes flickering open as they adjusted to the sun. (the light was still annoying but less so) He had grown accustomed to the pain, eventually it all blurred into his body aching. Sometimes he couldn't recall it ever being without pain.

"Burrnet, burnett. Burrreeentt. Weird word! Ever weirder than burdock, satisfying how it rolls off your tongue, though. I mean, really! I've seen it around, didn't really think it had any true properties, " Mouse spoke, shuffling away that new piece of knowledge into a brain corner.

Wormbite nodded his head slowly, another familiar sounding herb but something he was less familiar with. It didn't have an unpleasant scent at least. He slowly ate it, shuddering.

The sound of someone rustling through the bushes could be heard before Mouse gasped, "Wolfy! There you are, silly guy. You had me worried!" She squeaked, and the tom listened to the sound of pawsteps heading away from him to greet the muscular grey tabby that had arrived.

Wormbite stiffened, crap — there went any advantage they could've had. His hope was beginning to dwell. He was so - tired of it. He just wanted to go home. To see Bean again. (his heart lurched, oh stars. he hoped the tom didn't think he abandoned him. ) To see Daypaw and, his clanmates. And maybe eat a damn proper meal.

His ears perked up at the stranger's voice, eyebrows furrowing. They wanted to get him out. "The - they will, they will kill you. They are going to kill you, " He spoked harshly, insistently. "Do - the Clans. There is, large groups of cats. Nearby. I, don''t.. know where exactly but - do you, do you know them? I am from RiverClan - they, they can hel -" Wormbite spoke quickly, panicked to get out as much as information to the stranger. Maybe if they knew where he was they could bring .. support. They couldn't be too far from RiverClan, could they? It was hard to remember how far they had traveled - this had been the third time they had moved but,,,

"Oleander!" Mouse hummed, walking back towards the two. "So sorry, I completely forgot to tell you about Wolf! He's an ah, family member. Comes and goes. Really, didn't think he would be back home so early. My deepest apologizes, but he did bring some prey home if you are feeling a bit.. peckish?" Wolf seemed to have headed into the watery cave.

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- easing back into roleplay / dealing with finals --
pronouns.cc