View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2024, 05:17 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: WindClan Leader's Den

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active

The leader's lack of instant aggression or suspicion alleviated some of the tension Lightningstorm lived with on a daily, allowing some of the coiled stress in her shoulders to unfurl, the reprieve instantly welcomed. There were few cats in the clan the medicine cat could admit to feeling comfortable around, the mutual distrust she shared with so many of the warriors making her prefer avoiding their presence altogether. It was a harsh living condition for a cat who had once been a social butterfly, naturally curious about the ins and outs of the clan and constantly worried about everyone's well being. It was an odd shift she had found herself in, to still hold some worry for the health of the cats under her medical care but not enough to completely blind herself to the very real possibility that any one of them would kill her given the chance. The meeting with the leader allowed for a small window of time in which this constant struggle was nonexistent, and she relished in this freedom immensely.

"Just some reports for the most part," the molly mewed, her memory still fresh with the many visitors she had gotten to her den or late, both living and star dwelling. It was almost like she was given no moment to rest between everyone suddenly wanting to chat her up for some reason or other. The old her would have welcomed the talks, but she had grown far too paranoid and skeptical to see them as mere social calls. At least, as far as those who had been uninjured or in good health went.

"There's an apprentice of late that's become convinced he cannot be a warrior. Orangepaw. His father seems to have given him the idea that his breathing condition makes him a perfect candidate for a medicine cat apprentice, but I beg to disagree. I don't know where this mentality of cats unfit for warrior life are better suited as medics, but it most certainly takes more than simply not being able to be a warrior to be a bloody healer, I can tell you that much."

A snort escaped the lithe calico as she spoke, obvious frustration lacing her voice. She wasn't certain what had possessed Watertail to attempt to force her choice in such an awkward fashion, completely attempting to take away her right in the matter, but then... that was WindClan, wasn't it? Medicine cats didn't matter until someone needed to be healed... or until something went wrong. Then they were the number one cat to go to if only to scream at and blame until the problem solved itself or the healer in question was sent away... one way or another. She mildly wondered if this was how Cowtuft had found himself without a mentor when he had first been appointed medicine cat, and if only it served to make Lightningstorm admire the tom even more. To have survived so long when the odds were so stacked against you was nothing short of miraculous, especially with how reluctant the stars had been to communicate prior to everything turning itself upside down.

"What they think or don't think on the matter is really neither here nor there though, really. I've had plenty of warriors with his same condition as patients before. One was a guardian as well, so it can be done. Not with his attitude, I suppose, but it is a possibility. That said, if it is running what worries him so, I was wondering if perhaps the life of a tunneler would be more fitting for the lad? Crowtooth is another cat who requires juniper berries for his breathing conditions. And he does better than just alright, don't he? It's a tough job, and it requires finesse and good memory... but I figured that perhaps the knowledge that another tom with his same predicament is thriving in the position would give Orangepaw the boost he needs," she mewed, whiskers twitching slightly. She wasn't certain if this would work. Wasn't certain if Orangepaw truly was having troubles adapting to his training with his condition or if there was something else going on, but it was the most she could do as the clan's medicine cat. Offer options before relegating cats to lives in the elders' den at far too young an age, assuming the clan would even allow such a thing in the first place.

"Oh!" Lightningstorm continued swiftly, ears perking up as she realized she had almost forgotten the first reason she had come here in the first place. "Also... Firestorm? I love that she-cat, you know that, right? Absolutely adore that she stays with me in the medic's den. Makes the place far more lively. But she's gotta go. Order her to the nursery. Please! I'm bloody begging here, I am! If I have to clean up morning sick one more time because the herbs smell too bloody harsh I am dragging her by the scruff myself! Not to mention the kits should be born in the bloody nursery. Make friends from a young age. They've no business being cooped up in that prison with me."

@Moonraven [Twilightstar]
| Had not forgotten this! Between the storms, power outages, and the events my Lightningstorm response list took a big hit and I am going through it now! Sorry for the wait. |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios