View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2024, 07:23 PM
Rainbow Rat

Bump Policy: 12 hours
My Mood: Goofy
Default Re: “A Rabbit on the Hunt! So Scary!” [P]

LOUDWHISKER

Trans Female | Moons: 18 | Kin: ?

Loudwhisker sighed. Explaining things wasn't her best skill. Nor was she much of a speaker, at that. She rather sit back, examine, and leap in when she needed to.

"Um... sorry... I'm bad at explaining..."

Her ears pinned against her head. Huh. She was starting to feel guilty. What for? Though she'd accepted to train this apprentice, she'd do it her way. Which is the only way Loudwhisker knew how to do it. She was flexible though.

Loud tried her best to explain again.

"You said it's too busy?"

She got reassurance from the apprentice. She thought about it for a moment. How did she get better at tracking? Loud thought back to when she was an apprentice. Her mentor had suggested her to focus on one thing. Like taking tiny steps while hunting. Your one step is you trying to focus, while the others are coming to focus on all of the others.

"Well, think of it like a puzzle. When you figure out one part, you go on to the next. Instead of trying to get the whole picture, try getting one small part at a time. Like if you're trying to smell the grass out by the moor... try to imagine each blade of grass at a time. It might seem grueling-trust me, it wasn't too long ago I was an apprentice as well-but taking it slow is the best way to go."

Loudwhisker gave a small, hesitant smile to Rabbitpaw. She felt that she wouldn't be able to match Rabbit's energy.

"I know daydreaming isn't the best example. More like... thinking? You think one thought at a time, then you begin a conversation in your mind."

She realized how odd that sounded. She chuckled nervously, unsure of how to talk to this apprentice.

@Dolomedes - Rabbitpaw

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81923

Come join CoastClan by Lucythecat!

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1585797#post1585797

Quote:

"Never regret thy fall, O Icarus of the fearless flight, For the greatest tragedy of them all, Is never to feel the burning light." - Icarus