View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2024, 06:15 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: “A Rabbit on the Hunt! So Scary!” [P]

Rabbitpaw
He/him | WC Apprentice Tunneler | Moons: 7 | Purrks: Cat got your tongue? | Two Left Paws | Part Manx cat

Rabbitpaw laughed a bit as the warrior claimed that tracking could do anything, which was obviously not quite true. Though he liked the idea of being able to track prey better but also it could maybe make it easier to track things underground. If he got good enough, maybe he’ll be able to pick out which underground scents were fresh and which ones weren’t despite how old scents can be as strong as new scents on the surface. If that made sense, he wasn’t quite sure if his own thoughts made sense but they did to him and who else should they make sense for. His green eyes watched curiously as Loudwhisker began to open her mouth and close her eyes, scenting the air. Soon she was motioning and telling him to do the same so Rabbitpaw sat down and closed his eyes.

When he opened his mouth to fully scent he was immediately confused on how such a cacophony of everything could be seen as a ‘daydream.’ Beneath the surface smells were loud but they were limited to cat scents, earth, and prey. Not plants, air, cats, prey, earth, and then also sounds on top of that. It was much more overwhelming when you focused on it all rather than tuning out most like he usually did. He didn’t even realize how much he was missing with how unconsciously he’d been focusing on specific things rather than it all. But he couldn’t pick one single thing in the mess, everytime he thought he was nailing down the scent of a bird he would get tangled in the scents of rabbit and heather, and then the cycle continued as he tried to focus on one of those. Nothing was quite making sense yet, but that’s just it! It's a yet! This probably took all sorts of time to understand easily like Miss Loudwhisker seemed to do.

Rabbitpaw blinked open his eyes, then turned his gaze from the terrain around them to the warrior. “That was confusing, how can you pick anything out when everything is hitting you all at once on top of sounds!” He was curious, maybe it was just a practicing thing like what tunneling seemed to be. Though surely there was some tips that the warrior could offer, otherwise you couldn’t really call this a lesson, more of a practice.
[ @rubberRatroom - Loudwhisker ]

Rabbitpaw gif made by ramen!
Rabbitpaw header made by Marigoldwhisper!

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!