Originally Posted by Mica View Post
Eaglepaw
RiverClan
she/her | 7 moons | 28/100
[Golden and white tuxedo tabby with green eyes]
Purrks: Dreamwalker, HK T2
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
Eaglepaw nodded vigorously to show she understood what Mistyshard was saying about the Range as well as being quiet--she knew she had a hard time regulating her volume--but then quickly shook her head when Mistyshard asked if she knew any basics. It was really embarassing--she had already had to tell those who trained her that she didn't know anything. Fadingsun was a busy guy! That's why she was getting more training from others. "Not yet." She whispered, glancing away in shame. "But I can learn really quickly!"

Ah okay, so they were starting from a blank slate. The molly purred a little, trying to make Eaglepaw more comfortable. She didn't need to be ashamed for not knowing something. They were here to learn. Besides, she really enjoyed teaching, especially from blank slates so this wouldn't be a problem. "That's alright, and yeah I'm sure you'll learn quickly," she mewed softly. "We'll start this the most basic thing - the crouch. It's something you can use for stealth, battle, hunting and many more things.. but we'll be adapting it to our hunting practices today."

"I will demonstrate you the crouch. Watch closely. Then you can try it yourself. The most important thing is staying balanced on all legs. Distribute your weight evenly. Keep your tail somewhat off the ground but not so high in the air that it will serve as a warning beacon. Also, make sure your belly fur is ever so slightly brushing on the ground but not making a noise. Your pawsteps should be silent."

With a determined nod she dropped into a hunters crouch, evenly spreading her weight across all her legs and keeping a steady stance. To demonstrate the moving part, she took a few steps forward, paws barely making any noise. Her one amber eye darted across the ground as she tried to locate any leaves and sticks in the way as to not make a noise. Then she got back to a normal standing position and looked at Eaglepaw. "Also keep alert and don't step on anything. Now you try."

[ so sorry about the delay, replies will be faster from now on ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den