Old May 5th, 2024, 09:40 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: the science behind fear [P]

[Sparrowpelt]
ThunderClan Warrior
Beefed Up T3 | Just A Scratch | Hulk Smash

There was a lot to process here, and he was thankful when Drizzlecloud paused in her steps so he could process it. His gaze would dart between hers and study her expressions closely. The words packed a lot more punch than what he was anticipating for today. He could feel the tears biting at the corners of his eyes. They threatened to overflow into his cheeks.

He was mad.
He was sad.
He felt awful for his mate.
This wasn't fair to her.

He should've done more during that fight. He should've hovered around her. Should've been faster. Should've taken the hits for her. So many things he wished he could change and yet, he knew he couldn't. There was no turning back time. There was no changing what was already done.

There was only standing before the now deafened medicine cat with nothing but grief for her. "I'm so sorry..." he'd mouth. Whether she caught it or not, it didn't change the reaction he allowed his body to follow through with. Sparrowpelt moved towards her quickly, reaching out to nuzzle her cheek before using one of his massive paws to bring her in towards him. His nose buried itself into the nape of her neck and he offered a comforting purr, knowing she'd be able to feel the soft vibration.

It was a moment of resting like this before Sparrowpelt would shuffle backwards and catch her attention with a soft flick of his tail. Moving his paws upwards, he offered a reassuring smile despite the heartache he was experiencing. "Hey... it'll be okay," he signed carefully, hoping this offered some hope for his mate. "We'll get through this together. Don't push me away, darling," Sparrowpelt set his paws down, opening himself up to any reaction she had.

@Omari

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL