View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2024, 11:47 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: my sister's keeper [mistyshard herb training]

FAWNLIGHT
she/her | former riverclan medicine cat | starclan spirit
Patient with odd breathing... that had to be Pebblesplash. The former medicine cat nodded with a smile. Fawnlight returned her sister's nuzzle with a rumbling purr, wishing that these moments could last forever. "I hope it can be of use." And hopefully it would be a remedy that could help heal the recently resurrected RiverClanner. Watching Pebblesplash return had conjured the idea in her mind of perhaps trying to get past the council as well. But the fear of Magpiewisp had her dismissing the idea; besides, she could still reach the cats in her Clan.

"Next will be burdock and celandine." Retrieving the two plants from her collection, Fawnlight brought them in between herself and Mistyshard, starting with the plant on the left, "is celandine." It was a tall-stemmed thistle with a sharp smell and dark leaves that sprouted up at the top. The smell it gave off was one that would likely be distinctive enough for her sister to remember; sharp and tangy. "This is burdock - but what you'll want to use is the root." She pointed with her paw to the nearly black roots at the end. "You'll want them dug up when retrieved, not just plucked from the ground. You can use the stream in the den to wash the roots off. Once the soil is gone, you'll be able to chew the roots into a paste, and it will help heal and numb rat bites." Rats were a predator that her home hadn't seen much of, but it was better to know just incase. "You'll be able to find it in open areas of the forest - more towards Rugged Range and Haven Springs where the trees clear a bit. I've also found some growing along the main river in the territory, too. I'm not sure if there's a specific weather they grow in, but I was always able to find them most in newleaf - though, I'm sure that's to be expected." She gave a soft smile and gave a pause for her beloved sister to examine the herb and ask any questions she might have.

"Next to it," the former medicine cat continued, poking at the fuzzy-stemmed plant next to the burdock root, "is celandine.". It had four yellow petals, with no other color seemingly present. It had a sweet smell to it that was a strong difference between the last herb she had taught her sister. "Believe it or not, Elmshadow was the one who taught me this herb." The former ShadowClan medicine cat, the one who hadn't made her feel as frightened, brought a smile to her face. Sure he had been rugged and rough around the edges, but he hadn't really ever made her feel uncomfortable like Ivysnake had. "You'll need to crush the petals into a juice - you can collect it into a leaf - and then trickle the juice into your patient's eye. It will help any weak or damaged eyes. You'll still need to treat it with marigold around the eye to ward off infection though." Using her paw Fawnlight crushed the flower underneath, revealing how it created a watery-like substance. "You can find them throughout the territory, especially where the territory is more wet like near the streams and ShadowClan's border." As the remains of the first celandine melted into the ground, Fawnlight conjured another one and pushed it towards Mistyshard so she could inspect it.

[ Mistyshard - @starry ]
[ herbs taught: burdock root, celandine ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |

Last edited by taillow; May 4th, 2024 at 12:04 PM.