Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: Sedgewater Valley

`~Owltalon
She\Lionheart\RC
"Are you listening, starchild?"

Purrks: Agatha Kitty ACTIVE!

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Owltalon watched with a pleased purr as the warriors broke off into their respected places. She began trotting towards the markers in front of her. She wasted no time drowning the scent of Riverclan where it should be. If these scents faded, Windclan might get cocky. Even if that was unlikely, it was also unlikely to have three fully grown Riverclan warriors march into Windclan territory like they belonged there. At this point, Owltalon was beginning to expect the unexpected.

"Good job you two," she flashed her teeth at Mudsmoke and Slatestripe. She noticed how Slate completely walked over what seemed to be a wide crater in the ground. She furrowed her brow at it suspiciously. Where could it lead, where might it lead? Also, when the heck did it get here?

She'd have to keep all her questions as a mental note to report later. For now, she'd just have to carry on with the patrol (and hope that nocat fell in there).

Just as she opened her maw to bark more orders, a white sheen caught on the sun and stunned her good eye. She winced at first before her eye finally focused on the object.

A skull.

It wasn't clean of course, in fact it smelt of horrible rotting. It's jaw was hinged open as if in silent cry.

A normal cat would've taken proper precautions. Owltalon wasn't normal. She couldn't even think about the possible danger of this before she was practically jumping up and down like an excited kit.

"Oh, aren't you interesting?" She smiled so wide her cheeks hurt. She ran her paw pads along it's rough and smooth surface. She'd never ever seen a fox skull before! Certainly going in her collection of odd and weirdly disfigured things.

Then realization finally kicked in. A fox skull? Near her home as well as Windclan? They've had problems with foxes before, Owltalon doubted that all that nonsense would want to be resumed.

Her eyes flicked back to the hole in the ground. "Slatestripe!" She yowled over to the tom, her voice twinged with urgent worry. "Could you be a dear and sniff that hole? Smell anything fox like or anything that could eat a fox?"

Her paw was still secure on the skull. She had to stop herself from getting giddy all over again. No no, she had to focus, this was serious. She could lose her marbles later.

The fox had to have been here for a while if it's rotted away to the bone.

"Mudsmoke, smell anythin'? I'll sniff the air with ya chap, ain't no way am I about to let foxes back in my home." With that, Owltalon began sniffing furiously, her maw scrunched as she tried to dig through scents.

Tags: @occultation
@burntToast

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!