Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: ShadowClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec View Post
->> minkpaw <<-
[ she/they | outsider? | 13moons ]
a dark blueish grey and white she cat with silver eyes
the way to shadowclan camp felt horribly long, too long to realistically be the fastest route but she had been ordered to close her eyes so it wasnt a far reach to assume lostspark wouldnt lead her directly to camp without ensuring she couldnt find her way back. their trek had been silent, not necessarily uncomfortably so, not in minkpaws opinion anyway, and she had mostly zoned out for a majority of the time. she thought about the moon she would have to spend in camp and how badly she already wanted to pledge her allegiance to shadowclan just to be able to do more than mere chores. but that was still in the future and dawnstar could still reject her. after a long time of just focussing on smells and sounds she squinted against the fading light, lostsparks tail had unwrapped from her shoulders but she stuck close. however stupid it was, she felt safer with lostspark next to her, despite the fact that she had been threatened with death the lithe grey she cat was more familiar than the other cats she could smell and hear.
with the prospect of meeting dawnstar in a matter of moments and the goal to leave a good impression, or..just not completely mess up, she straightened up briefly regretting that she hadnt spent more time grooming bi coloured fur to perfection before approaching the border.

/ @Undertaker @Rose /
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Dawnstar's ears twitched with displeasure while listening to the paws walking to and fro outside her den. The leader's been in a nonstop bad mood for over a moon now. Bitter and snappier than normal, but could you blame her? ShadowClan used to have an unshakable and unrefutable hold as the fierce of the clans. However, as of late, they might as well have been kittypets stuck outside for the first time in their lives.

ShadowClan's been nothing but a disappointment as of late. None of the warriors within her clan were worth even being named deputy, and sadly she was mostly going to have to pick the most obvious choice, which also fueled her irritation. Dawnstar grumbled softly while staring at the opening of her den when her daughter's voice reached her ears.

Her annoyance with life dimmed just a tad at the sound of Lostspark's call. Curiosity overtook her emotions as soon as she noticed that Lostspark wasn't entering without permission. That's right, she had said something about a newcomer.

"Enter." Dawnstar snapped as she got up from her nest. She dragged her rough tongue down the pink scars along her shoulder and chest and waited for her order to be heeded.

Having been given the go-ahead from Dawnstar, Lostspark wasted no time stepping into her mother's den. The familiar darkness washed over her, her attention instantly zeroing in on the scarred tabby. Waiting until after Minkpaw had entered behind her, Lostspark introduced the apprentice. "Found her sitting at the border, wanted to join ShadowClan. She gave me information on RiverClan, already has most of her training, and knows her herbs too. Names' Minkpaw."

Minkpaw probably didn't need to be told who the cat in front of her was. If she didn't know how to use common sense and figure it out, then apparently Lostspark's judgemental skills were lacking. Speaking of, Lostspark still had a couple of herb names and uses to weasel out of the apprentice before she disappeared or left or whatever if it happened. Inclining her head, the scarred feline sat down to continue. "Birdsnow is no longer RiverClan's leader - fell ill and had to step down. They have someone named Fadingsun now, and a cat named Mistyshard as their Medicine Cat to take over the position Marigoldleap temporarily was filling."

She debated adding that Minkpaw had been doing all the Medicine Cat work in RiverClan, but figured that in the end... it didn't matter whatsoever. Lostspark had banned Minkpaw from her den, she didn't want anyone meddling with her herbs, RiverClan spy or not. She had learned her lesson with the Smokekit incident. "Apparently Birdsnow just didn't bother have RiverClan show up to the Gathering after ThunderClan raided them."

Tail tip flicking idly, Lostspark turned her face slightly in Minkpaw's direction. "I've taken Minkpaw on as my warrior apprentice so I can keep a closer eye on her and her activities." The herbalist blinked as something occurred to her. "Perhaps I should keep an eye on her dreams as well." This, a mutter more to herself as she made a mental note to visit Minkpaw's dreamscape from time to time. Lostspark knew only of herself being able to invade dreams, but if she could do it, who was to say others could not?

"I've confined her to camp for a moon, you can extend or lessen this time if you wish - she is a sitting duck here - but either way, I've made it clear she's not allowed to leave under risk of punishment unless you or I give her permission."

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.

Last edited by Rose; May 4th, 2024 at 10:35 AM.