My Mood: Mellow

Default Re: Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post

。゚゚・。・゚゚。
゚。 Mossfreckle (ShC)
 ゚・。・゚ they/he ~ medicine cat apprentice

❀⊱ { carrying 3 Cobweb // 2 Marigold // 1 Moss // 1 Oak Leaf // 1 Poppy } ⊰❀

The freckled herbalist nodded to the tortoiseshell starlet, offering her a soft, thankful smile before flicking his ears towards the authoritative tones of Dawnstar as her words settled against the sensitive hairs within the canals of his oriental shaped ears - upon hearing his name the feline stood, angular head dipped to retrieve the leaf bundled herbs that stood huddled safely between his white tipped paws. Feathery tail flicked in a silent command for Starlingstreak to follow him, alongside Hillstrider she had been tasked to remain by his side throughout the battle, the battle in which he would be under the command of Twilightstar… an odd choice but Mossfreckle trusted Dawnstar as his leader and thus in turn he trusted that she had made the swap on rational grounds. Mossy hues flicked momentarily in the direction of Dawnstar before the oriental shaped medicine cat apprentice padded in the direction of Windclan’s lilac-grey leader, ”Twilightstar,” the tom spoke through his herb filled maw with an respectful cant of his angular head before he sat - white tipped feathery tail curling politely over his petite paws - and waited for those tasked with aiding him arrived, confidence settling sweetly in his starry mind as Dawnstar reassured her fellow leader that he was in fact reliable… the claws of insecurity caused a tête-à-tête within the abysmal confines of the herbalist minds, he knew that the trade wasn’t even but that was neither here nor there as he had equivalent knowledge to Lostspark although he doubted their experience was equivalent he had treated Dawnstar’s mink wounds before as well as Nightshade’s mangled form. Starry mind reeled for a moment before Mossfreckle’s calm demeanour snapped over him as a medical mask… focus, focus, focus, focus… calm, cold, and collected Shadowclan’s medicine cat apprentice settled once more into the detached poise of a medicine cat, he had a job to do as lives were placed into his paws as the tensely allied clan’s prepared to enter battle against the formidable minks that lacked the thoughts and honour of cats. Honeyed ginger tabby form sauntered over, brains and brawn, the contrast between the two felines was great but Mossfreckle felt oddly calm around Hillstriders collected shenanigans, he was fiercely loyal and helpful even if he was the epitome of brawn within the common phrase, ”Hillstrider,” the medicine cat chirped cheerily forgoing his usual respectful nod for a friendly nuzzle, a small movement of his youth before he returned to his focussed and calm demeanour - he enjoyed the toms presence insurmountably but the time for chitchat would come later, they too had a job to do. ”Starlingstreak, you will detect those who need pulled away from the scene, I trust your discretion to know what needs to be taken care of immediately and what can wait, I have less herbs that my usual stockade so I have little to spare on fussing warriors,” Mossfreckle began authoritatively, he was a healer, he had a job to do and he trusted these felines to understand that his curt orders came from necessity, ”furthermore, I want you to take note of the appearance of the herbs I have given you, if Twighlightstar allows us to do such you will also be tasked with retrieving more of such if need be - I am trusting you to be quick,” mossy hues flicked to the ginger tabby next, ”Your task will be pulling the injured that Starlingstreak notes off the field, although do not hesitate to bring those you see as well, I trust your discretion as well. Alongside this I also want you to work somewhat on prevention, while I want you by my side aiding me I would also like you to help prevent serious wounds from happening in the first place, use your discretion to help those who seem to be struggling,” task delegated, the freckled oriental shaped feline waited with perked angular ears for the next order to come from Dawnstar.. well, from Twilightstar it seemed.

{ @Undertaker ~ Dawnstar }
{ @Moonraven ~ Twighlightstar }
{ @Alchemist Kitsune ~ Lightningstorm }
{ @carmen ~ Starlingstreak } { @Mica ~ Hillstrider }
[ Sorry this is short /w\ ]
Hillstrider
ShadowClan
he/him | 18 moons
[Big fluffy orange tabby with yellow eyes]
· · ────────────── · ·
[Mossfreckle - @/ellie ] [Starlingstreak - @carmen ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Hillstrider beamed at Mossfreckle as the apprentice nuzzled his shoulder, using the contact as an excuse to rasp his tongue over his friend's head. He wasn't sure why they both felt comffortable doing this with each other, but Hillstrider was a friendly guy and Mossfreckle was so cute and smart and hard working and oh stars they're moving out!

Hillstrider padded behind Mossfreckle and Starlingstreak as they headed towards the falls. A chance to work with Twilightstar? Well that was something you didn't get every day! A lot of his clanmates seemed irked about it, but Hillstrider was excited to work with a clan he hadn't previously. New experiences! Though his job was to focus on Mossfreckle, and keep an eye out for cats who were injured on the battlefield. He was also tasked with making sure no minks got too close.

As the cry for battle echoed over the falls, Hillstrider braced himself for the flood of minks. At first, the fighting was pretty contained. Everyone seemed to be holding their own or looking out for one another, and there were no serious injuries that seemed life threatening, at least not yet.

But eventually some minks separated from the main group, scrambling away from the fighting. One got a bit too close to Mossfreckle, and Hillstrider let out a blood-curdling snarl before lunging at it, tearing into its flank with his claws. The mink squealed and thrashed, but Hillstrider refused to let go. They wrestled for several long heartbeats, claws and bites exchanged between them. Hillstrider managed to get the mink on its back, and he bunny kicked the mink until his underbelly was in raw, bloody strips. Only once the mink went limp did Hillstrider let go, his legs stinging from mink bites. Blood coated his legs, and he shook himself out. "Man!" He muttered, pushing the mink's body away so it wouldn't impact Mossfreckle's workspace. "That was intense!"

Mossfreckle and Starlingstreak safe, Hillstrider continued to scan the battlefield. Crowtooth was helping Larkspring with a leg injury, but Larkspring seemed to be able to shake it off, at least from what he could see. If the two came over to him he would grab Larkspring from Crowtooth.

[ [Crowtooth - @Rani ] [Larkspring - @Littlesun0112 ] Wanted to ping you in case Larkspring needed assistance!]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~