View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2024, 12:59 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: I Can't Sweem [p]

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Lionheart | Moons: 17 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

Seabreeze nodded awkwardly and shuffled his paws beneath him as the apprentice immediately pointed out the faultiness of the greeting and his blue eyes shifted away, out towards the terrain around them as they passed through it to Haven Springs. Too many times he has been in Haven Springs recently. The picnic was nice and fun! Though the fight that he had with Frostmelt was still terribly fresh on his mind and the subsequential forced proximity between them again in Haven Springs was even more fresh. The tom sighed inwardly and pushed those thoughts away. He needed to focus on teaching. Seabreeze could teach alright, he has experience teaching swimming with apprentices and kits. “R-right, well umm, I know that you know me, I just… you know thought it would be polite, and umm, a good conversation starter? Well, it doesn’t matter.” He waved the social blunder away mentally and focused as the apprentice padded up to one of the pools and Seabreeze followed shortly, flicking an ear as Eaglepaw’s voice reached them once more.

Right, swimming, Seabreeze can do this. It was like the one thing he was actually good at and that meant it was like the one thing he felt confident in teaching, or at least he would be if he felt confident in the act of teaching itself. He wasn’t good with words and that reflected but it's finneeeee… probably. The lionheart peered into the pool and started to explain, “Well, keeping yourself above water is pretty instinctive but actually swimming isn’t too difficult once you practice a bit, it’s mostly experience rather than lessons.” He gave a brief overview before he stepped a paw of his own into the water and then padded the rest of the way in. He dramatized the way he was moving, kicking out with his back paws, while turning to make a loop with his front ones. “Most of your speed and the likes will come from your back legs, while you tend to use your front ones to keep your head up and to help you change directions.” He pulled himself out of the water near where Eaglepaw was standing.

Like I said, it's mostly practice, for now you should focus on keeping your head above water before working on speed. I’ll be right here in case you need help but I’m sure you’ll get it down quick.” Seabreeze gave a small smile, almost able to forget his embarrassment from earlier.
[ @Mica - Eaglepaw ]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!