View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2024, 07:21 AM
Obsessed with Zane

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Bored

Default Re: Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Swiftfire - @Tiabirb | Blazesong - @blxze. | Deadmoon - gs29513 Silverrose - @Estelle | Hawkfur - @Mica | Briarsplash - @SentimentalSquid
[I am no longer mentioning Katiethewolfchild as no replies have been made with their characters since the event started]

Well, that was interesting. Dawnstar's amber eyes caught Lightningstorm's little nod to her. If it were any other bunny, she'd think it was done mockingly, but there seemed to be some weird respect thing going on there. As a medicine cat, Dawnstar would naturally give the WindClan medicine cat a decent amount of respect purely due to being the only one who could currently do her job, which was healing. Having lost two of her best medicine cats, and nearly lost the next, Dawnstar knew to value the healers. She wouldn't harm the WindClan medicine cat so long as Lightningstorm didn't bring any to ShadowClan.

Dawnstar would have to keep an eye on Lightingstorm, she wasn't expecting any friendship or anything like that, but she'd happily poach the medicine cat in a heartbeat. The lack of resentment and hatred the younger cat had for her was fascinating. The Shadowclan leader enjoyed keeping strange things and cats for entertainment purposes. Dawnstar did not need extra medicine cats in ShadowClan, and she'd never allow a clan-hopper to serve as a ShadowClan high rank without an incredibly good reason. However, having an extra cat with medical knowledge among her clan would be great.

The enormous she-cat remained silent while following Hawkfur. It took everything in her not to snap at the bunny as he immediately began issuing orders once they reached their destination. Dawnstar was quite certain that she and Twilightstar agreed that she'd be leading, Hawkfur was only supposed to be guiding them. Dawnstar's hackles lifted, but as snarling about this now would only cause problems, she'd throw her frustrations at the minks instead.

As Hawkfur divided the patrols, he seemed smart enough to know not to order her to go anywhere and allowed her to do as she pleased. Surprise, he wasn't completely witless. Huffing softly, Dawnstar padded after Briarsplash as she darted toward the left of the valley. Hawkfur had paired all her cats together with at least one other Shadowclanner, she assumed so they wouldn't feel isolated among the bunnies. Or at least that is what she was guessing. Naturally, she'd go with Briarsplash as she was the only warrior not paired with another ShadowClanner.

Even though they were helping, she didn't trust any bunny to risk their necks for ShadowClan. So they'd have to rely on their clanmates there. Dawnstar stayed a good tail length behind Briarsplash, tail lashing as she waited for the signal. They didn't have to wait long as soon a wave of minks surged out of their hiding spot.

As the molly leaped into battle, Dawnstar watched and waited as they slithered closer. Once in range, she lashed out with a forepaw, slicing her claws down a mink's flank and listening to it squeal in pain. Her fangs found the back of a mink's scuff, she shook it vigorously before dropping it and sinking her claws into its throat. One down umpteenth more to go.

Leechscar was severely depressed by the fact that he was not on his mother's patrol. Why the hell did he have to with Dawnstar of all toads!? Ears flat, he shot a nasty glare at the ShadowClan leader's back before joining Lightingstorm and Bravebird. His former apprentice and the molly that he kept getting stuck with enough for him to grow a tolerance for. He could deal with this, even though he was being kept from the battle.

Bravebird's hostility and distrust towards ShadowClan was heartening to see. Leechscar didn't see the need to voice his distrust of the rats, it was a waste of breath. Still, it'd be stupid to bother attacking WindClan when they were outnumbered as they were. Plus, they had minks to fight, and Dawnstar had picked WindClan's medicine cat to help them. As distant and withdrawn as Lightningstorm had become with the clan, something he wholeheartedly approved, it seemed too stupid for ShadowClan to rely on her to patch them up if they were going to kill her. Leechscar didn't think Dawnstar had remained in power for as long as she had by acting stupidly recklessly.

Leechscar's mind worked a lot like his mother's, hence why he didn't see the need to be as protective of Lightningstorm with ShadowClan, but he'd let Bravebird spin her own conspiracy theories without raining on her outlandish ideas. There was no sign of Bearpelt even after Lightningstorm called for her, so it was just him and Bravebird with the medicine cat. That was probably better, he doubted the other she-cat was as reliable anyway.

As they set off towards Windy Hills, Leechscar brought up the rear of his little group. It didn't take long for them to reach and Hawkfur began barking out orders. He could not refrain from rolling his green eyes as Hawkfur stated the obvious and gave him the same freaking orders Twilightstar had already given him. If they weren't in such a serious situation, Leechscar would have snarled at the other fury. He wasn't stupid!

The tom was rather antsy as he couldn't go with his mother and sister. He flexed his claws in worry but refocused on the here and now as he heard Hawkfur's yowl echo through the hills. The battle had begun. He got up and kept his eyes on the cats, watching to ensure none needed aid. As Hawkfur so foolish placed a blind cat on lookout duty, Leechscar figured he'd have to be his eyes for him as well.

"Iceclaw," The Fury called to the warrior. "If you don't mind sticking close to me. Since you're supposed to be fetching the heavily injured with me, I imagine the scents and sounds will be overwhelming once we get into the thick of the battle. I'll be able to point you or inform you of the right direction if you are nearby." Leechscar meowed bluntly. He didn't care how the cat took it, being blind was a disadvantage when seeking out specific cats among a lot of commotion. This would go smoothly if he stuck close to Leechscar.
@Alchemist Kitsune - Lightingstorm | @taillow - Bravebird | @Starphobia - Iceclaw

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
Iceclaw
Blind white furred tom with pale blue, almost white, siamese points and long, non-sheathable claws. They’re cold! Perhaps they’re ice?
He/Him | 30 Moons | Blind | Aggressive, Harsh
. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.

. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.
Iceclaw turned his head at the sound of his name, wincing slightly at the chaotic noises all around him. He figured it was Leechscar. Giving the direction of Leechscar's voice a sharp nod, he turned to his direction, narrowing his eyes.

Well that was just great.

He wasn't sure how he was going to get towards Leechscar without getting trampled or running into another cat. He could hear everything, but he saw absolutely nothing.

"Leechscar, it may or may not be quite difficult for me to get over there." Iceclaw muttered, irritation apparent in his voice.
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

Please feel free to bump me on any ongoing RPs. I have ADHD and it gets really hard for me to keep track of all my RPs ^^

My Characters <3
Come to my Art Shop!