View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2024, 01:02 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Default Re: my sister's keeper [mistyshard herb training]

One deep amber orb blinked open slowly. Stars materialized around her, the ground slightly translucent. She let her gaze sweep around, blurs steadily turning into real shapes. She definitely knew where she was. StarClan. As everything took shape the sound of rushing water became evident, and the lean silver tabby turned with curiosity shimmering in her single hue. Soon she managed to locate the shape of a cat. It still took a few moments for the bluriness to go away but she could already tell who it was. Her dear, dear sister, Fawnlight.

A big grin spread across the herbalist's maw and she leapt towards her long lost sister. She attempted to wrap her paws around the starry molly, then stepped back to say something. "Fawny! I missed you so much... we're finally in a dream together... Even if you're not alive in RiverClan, I think of you every day. I- I miss you and I'm so glad we can finally communicate." A single teardrop trickled down her silver cheek, but she quickly made efforts to hide it by offering her sister a warm grin. The appearance at the meeting she'd been made medicine cat had not been enough. Mistyshard was here, with Fawnlight... she could feel her, see her... it was nothing compared to the living world but at least it was better than waiting for someone to come home who never would. Actually, what if she did?

Why couldn't StarClan give her Fawny a new life? Fawnlight who had worked so hard, been thrust into such a harsh position but yet persevered... if there was any cat who deserved it, it was her. Oh, of course. Herbs. That was her job now, after all. Mistyshard hastily nodded to the smaller, dappled brown molly, a beam spread across her face. This was the first time in ages that her smile was real. She usually put on a fake facade and pretended she was fine, but meeting her sister again finally made her feel whole. Even if it was just a dream it felt like a part of her was restored, knowing her ancestors and family had not forgotten about her.

She trotted after Fawnlight, fondly eyeing the herbs that grew here. The former medicine cat's words mirrored her thoughts. It would be so much easier if herbs were so plentiful and she didn't have to rely on a few oftentimes slacking clanmates to fill her herb storage. She could collect some herself, yes, but she could not account for a whole clan. "Why yes, that would be great. If only some StarClan dreams could become realitity..."

Mistyshard trailed off, mainly putting emphasis on the "some" because she had no interest in meeting her mother in real life. That horrible feline had put her through enough in dreams already. Anyways, back to the herbs Fawny was teaching her. Don't let your past haunt you. Coltsfoot. It grew best in newleaf and grew near the streams as well as in the territory. It was consumed by the patient and helped with breathing issues, and unline poppy seed, younger cats could consume it. The healer stared down at the plant, noting that its flowers were either yellow or white and somewhat looked like dandelion. There were thick stems with odd leaves covering them and a sweet scent wafted into her nostrils.

To show that she understood everything she bobbed her head, waiting curiously for the next herb. Ah, juniper berries. She knew how they looked and had been taught that they helped against stomachaches already, but she wasn't aware about them being a remedy for coughs. She also picked up that one or two would be enough; she didn't want someone to get hurt because she had no idea about the right quantities. All these cough or breathing remedies made her recall her most recent patient, Pebblesplash. The resurrected molly had not looked to good but since it seemed to be a problem with breathing, Mistyshard hadn't been able to do anything.. well here she was, getting a solution to that problem.

"Okay! That all makes sense. It's perfect that you've taught me these types of herbs now, I recently had a patient with.. odd breathing come in and I was not really able to do anything. Maybe I can revisit that problem and actually do something against it now." She purred warmly and gratefully, attempting to gently nuzzle her sister once again before the herb lesson continued.

[ @taillow ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den

Last edited by starry; May 4th, 2024 at 10:44 AM.