View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2024, 07:06 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]

~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN - AMAB HE/HIM - BEEFED UP TIER 1 ~

Large, muscular, dappled gray tom with light cream-gray fluff on the front of his neck and chest; amber eyes.

Character bio can be read here.

Wolffang found Deadmoon among the crowd, but Foxpaw had vanished among the sea of shifting bodies. A trickle of anxiety ran through his body like cold water. His luck with apprentices had been... bad, to say the least. Most of the ones he'd mentored had disappeared. As for the one who hadn't, Wolffang had died before he could finish his training, and they despised each other. I won't fail again, he thought. A burning sensation began in his chest and spread to his paws. I won't let another one disappear.

Hawkfur began talking, and his head instinctively snapped to the Enforcer. But his paws wouldn't stop shifting, and the fur along his spine kept bristling. His Clanmate's words only reinforced his worries. They were all supposed to be here together, not gallivanting off alone. Where in StarClan's name is she? he wondered, continuing to churn the earth beneath him into a matted mess.

Well, they were moving. Wolffang had seen Foxpaw earlier, so she had to be with them... right? He looked around. He didn't see anyone else. The groups had split up. She has to be with us. She'd better be. Because if she wasn't...

Wolffang wasn't going to fail. Not his Clanmates, not his leader, and he wasn't going to look like a fool in front of ShadowClan. But Foxpaw's safety was more important than anything else - especially his own pride.

The patrol went by in a blur. Shifting pelts, quiet voices, warm bodies, stiff winds... The gale did nothing to disperse the heat throbbing through his pelt and his racing mind.

They were about to drive away the minks. This made him excited and determined.

They were working with ShadowClan. This made him furious and recalled horrific memories of the past.

After this, they would take their revenge on RiverClan. This filled him with justice.

He couldn't find the cat he was supposed to look after. This made him anxious.

So many emotions... but, even if the patrol felt like a blur, he was still here. Present for his Clanmates. Not secluded in some dark place, unable to comprehend anything.

That thought filled him with pride.

They reached the Windy Hills. Wolffang stood among the crowd, focusing on his Clanmates and trying not to look at Dawnstar's hulking figure. It was an effort not to fantasize about tearing her throat from the rest of her flesh. He'd do it nine times even though he knew she didn't have that many lives left.

Wolffang, Foxpaw, and some others were assigned to the right valley. He nodded and scanned the crowd again for Foxpaw's orange tabby pelt. She was still out of sight. With a low hiss of annoyance, he meowed quietly, "Foxpaw, if you can hear my voice, follow me!" Then the large, well-muscled warrior slid over to the right valley.

As he settled into a crouch, single ear pricked to listen for Hawkfur's call, something stirred in his stomach. What was the word...? Right. Nostalgia. When was the last time he'd fought for his Clan? Probably not since he'd died. It felt so strange, going so long without a battle.

But Wolffang had utilized that time to care for himself. It was a blessing.

And now he could be here to ensure their success.

Hawkfur's yowl rattled across the Hills.

I am a warrior. I will fight for my Clan. I will drive my enemies away and bask in two glories: one of victory and one of knowing that I have protected my Clanmates.

As the minks' dark pelts swarmed over the grass, engulfing the greenery in a tide of malice, Wolffang lunged. "FOXPAW! STAY NEAR ME!" he yowled. "DON'T TAKE ON MORE THAN YOU CAN HANDLE!"

(Wolffang rolled: 13! Mink rolled: 7! Both miss!)

He lunged toward the nearest mink, a deep-throated battle cry tearing from his throat. The long-bodied creature swiveled its head in his direction, beady eyes glinting. StarClan, it was fast. It darted to the side, away from Wolffang's outstretched, clawed paws. He landed and whirled - right as it lunged toward him. But he was ready. He sprang backward and avoided the blow. As chaos ensued around him, offering him a brief reprieve - ironic - he quickly scanned to see if Foxpaw was there - and if anyone was in a tough spot. There were a lot of them...

@Mica [Hawkfur] @Katiethewolfchild [Foxpaw] (I wanted to get a post out, but I'm really tired; if I got something wrong, please let me know! This isn't my best work lol)

How Would You Describe My Writing Style?

New and Improved Character Bios!