View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2024, 04:45 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: ShadowClan Outsider Joining

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec View Post
( @Rose i cant figure out how to quote on mobile oup)

->> minkpaw <<-
[ she/they | outsider | 13moons ]
a dark blueish grey and white she cat with silver eyes
minkpaw watched the grey felines mouth distort into a smile that wouldve probably haunted her in her sleep if she were still a kit, but she was almost a grown up and wouldnt go back to acting like a fool. the note about medicine cats taking on warrior apprentices was a bit of an surprise to her, but training another cat in fighting and defence was probably a good way to keep medicine cats sharp and she could definitely get behind that..
instead of replying immediately she gave lostspark the chance to continue, and the ban from getting anywhere near the herb storages stung a bit after practically sleeping only a few pawsteps from it for moons but wasnt unexpected, she'd just have to prove her worth.
words seemingly stuck in her throat she just gave a sharp nod and a "i understand" to confirm. unlike her normal experience with her mothers teachings, separating herself so much from something she might come across as overly rude or different, this time she was glad to supress any of the positive jitters from taking over.
"can you elaborate on the tasks, what chores would i be doing specifically? so i dont have to ask you again later" the tasks sounded like a good way to earn trust and prove she wasnt looking for an easy stay
"because shadowclan arent a bunch of fools." she mewed after a moment of silence and consideration, it was a risky reply, one lostspark could spin it around to make it sound like she was even more likely to betray shadowclan but what else was there to say. minkpaw could barely put her feelings into proper words and just hoped that lostspark would connect the dots between her apperant dislike of riverclan leaders and calling the clan fools as a whole.

"Chores." She mused. "They'll show up as they need to, but if you want a vague overlook we can say; cleaning out the fresh-kill pile, tending to the elders - we have two, Mousefoot and Mossstripe - just making sure there aren't any patches in our den walls." The scarred grey feline rolled her shoulders. "You can practice sparring in camp with anyone willing if need be, as well."

Staring down the now-ShadowClan apprentice for a couple moments - or at least, Lostspark was staring at her, but from Minkpaw's perspective it probably looked pretty odd considering she was supposedly blind - the scarred Medicine Cat let the silence stretch out once more.

"Well then, you have survived me - let us hope, for your sake, that we can say the same for you after your introduction to Dawnstar." Lostspark aimed to wrap her tail around Minkpaw's shoulders. "I'm going to need you to close your eyes. I will guide you." She was not stupid. Lostspark was not going to take this random foreigner into the heart of ShadowClan without extra precautions. "And don't try opening your eyes, either. I may seem blind, Minkpaw, but I will know if you disobey my orders."

And only once the apprentice had complied did Lostspark begin their trek, guiding the younger molly to ShadowClan's camp.

[ No need to reply if you don't wish to, I will mention you in the leader's den in a tad. ]

You don't think I know my own palace? I built it.