View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2024, 09:10 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan's head lionheart | 27 moons

Oh. So it seemed that Fades was already aware of Pebblesplash being back? Dusklion found that odd, considering she hadn't so much as seen or heard of the warrior being back outside of her coming into the clearing. She caught the doubt that flashed across her brother's face, and part of her heart clenched up. She wanted to reach out and comfort him, let him know that she was here if he needed. After his extended off towards her, she had been trying to be more present. It wasn't all going to come back overnight, how their relationship had been. But at least they had the stepping stones. Still, this situation didn't make much sense. "That doesn't make any sense-" she started, but decided to bite her tongue and just shake her head. It wasn't like it mattered anyways.

"She's in Mists' den, who I'm sure'll bring her here if you don't get to her first." It still didn't make any sense. Pebblesplash hadn't said a word about Fades allowing her back into camp - that would've cleared everything up right away. At least now the uncertainty of letting the former RiverClanner - or, not former now - into Mists den went away. Part of her wanted to ask if Fades just wanted her to handle it, but she wasn't sure exactly how much she could extend her reach until the meeting.

There wasn't much else to report, and her brother's apologies only received a flick of her ear. Annoyance was written clearly across her face at this mishap. Perhaps she was the only one who remembered the whole lot of nothing that Pebblesplash had contributed to the Clan before she went missing, and then subsequently died via fox trap. Dusklion also hadn't forgotten about the battle she had showed up to when outsiders had invaded their territory, only to not fight, but it seemed her brother had. She was tempted to remind him, to get him to see that if they were going to drag this Clan out of the grave they had dug themselves, they needed to not just let anyone come back. But she would bite her tongue (again) out of respect for her brother's decision (especially since they had other ears present).

"Got it." Her tone was clipped and she made it well known she disagreed with his answer - but fighting about it in front of Breezy would get her nowhere. As she turned though, holding her tongue became a bit difficult and Dusklion glanced over her shoulder. There was a flash of... sympathy? Reassurance? It was gone in a flash though. "Not sure how or when you learned that Pebblesplash had returned, considerin' I haven't seen her in camp - or anywhere - before today. Whatever secrets your keepin', we can't help you if you don't tell us." There was more she wanted to say, but she swallowed it down and cast a glance towards her fellow Lionheart. She let it linger briefly before exiting the den.

[ Fadingsun - @occultation ] [ Seabreeze - @Dolomedes ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |

Last edited by taillow; May 3rd, 2024 at 07:01 PM.