Old April 29th, 2024, 04:55 PM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: ShadowClan Outsider Joining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post

The Medicine Cat’s mouth tilted upward. Ah. Another RiverClanner to join ShadowClan. She cocked her head to the side, using the motion to subtly scan the apprentice in front of her. “Are you aware of who Fogkit is?” Perhaps seeing a familiar face would be good for the young albino tom.

Minkpaw, the cat said her name was. And yet, from where Lostspark was standing, this former apprentice looked older or close to that of the standard fresh warrior age. So either she was a late bloomer -which would be unfortunate - or she had left RiverClan a good while back - which, that too, would be unfortunate, but for different reasons.

You probably know who I am already. The lithe grey feline blinked slowly. If Minkpaw did not know the answer to this half question, that was her loss, but Lostspark had a feeling she'd spoken up about her apparent herb knowledge for a reason. It was enticing enough, she supposed.

So then… why not check the herbs this cat knew, because Lostspark herself could benefit from it in case there was something she was not aware of. “List the herbs you know — and then tell me something about RiverClan.” It must be difficult and humiliating to have to betray your former Clan, but Lostspark was truly curious. RiverClan had not attended the Gathering in moons. She wondered what Birdsnow was hoping to convey by not showing up time and time again. It made RiverClan look the weakest of the Clans, which was probably an accurate assumption.

Regardless, Lostspark was not a fool. She was not bringing Minkpaw to ShadowClan’s camp without any reason.
“If you really are of RiverClan descent, tell me - we are all curious, what has RiverClan been doing these last few moons. They bother not show up for Gatherings nowadays, apparently. It probably stung, to have to talk to a rival Clan about your old Clan, but Lostspark didn't particularly care about feelings. The rest of ShadowClan never would.

That was just the way of the world. Lostspark was done speaking for the moment, she supposed, but a plan was already blossoming in her mind if Minkpaw didn't fumble too badly on this part of her questioning.

->> minkpaw <<-
[ she/they | outsider | 13moons ]
a dark blueish grey and white she cat with silver eyes
she remained quiet for a moment, searching the crevices of her mind for any memories of a fogkit, but came up more or less blank, left with nothing but the vague memory of hearing that name spoken at a gathering moons ago.. minkpaw shook her head honestly, she had no idea who exactly fogkit was or why this kit mattered in this situation but this was surely not some test that she was somehow supposed to know. surely..
"i believe that was the kit that uh got carried away by a hawk?" she replied, mentally cursing herself for totally not paying any attention at her first gathering after being bound to camp for so long, what was she even doing? she hadnt really met anyone that day.
"i swear this sounds really bad but i didnt know them before then and only barely got wind of the information. i dont think it was ever mentioned at a clan meeting." she was beginning to feel a bit queasy, be it the nerves of this in general or the fear a stupid mistake like this couldve cost her this chance, but tried to remain calm.
concentrate

it echoed in her head, her mothers voice bringing her back to focus and urged to swallow down her emotions, she had enough time to panic after this was over.
at lostsparks words minkpaw gave a brief nod, she did know her, although the last time minkpaw had seen her she looked a lot worse, nowhere near the confident feline she was facing now.
the irrational part of her mind had briefly hoped that this introduction came with the matching question of herbal use and she was almost surprised when that exact question, or well, almost exact, was actually delivered to her.
"cobwebs and moss of course, poppy seeds, marigold, burdock, broom, chervil, catmint, chickweed, should i continue? i can continue if you want me to. ive also realigned broken bones and uh delivered kits?." she briefly paused, considering the information she had and trying to remember what exactly was said moons and moons ago..birdsnow was still leader then, no deputy n all so she had a considerable amount of information. birdsnow appointing fadingsun deputy, her illness and stepping down, fadingsun becoming leader and mistyshard medicine cat.. "..about riverclan..last gathering riverclan attended birdsnow announced her leadership, after that she made fadingsun deputy, hes this big black and orange tom, and was supposed to go to the starcave to speak to starclan but she fell ill. a few days ago she officially stepped down and fadingsun is leader now. he also made mistyshard medicine cat after marigoldleap, uh, i think you might know her? she used to be shadowclans medicine cat a long time ago.. anyway, marigoldleap was a sort of stand in medicine cat but only for a moon or so, before that i did practically everything alone." curse her nervous rambling and curse her tongue for letting some of the anger slip into her words, giving especially the last few words a sharp edge.
explain why had riverclan not attended any recent gathering...explain explain explain. how was she supposed to explain something she couldnt get behind herself. something she had no idea about.
"at first birdsnow tried to pick up what larkstar had left behind, get riverclan back on track, then thunderclan raided camp but i dont know why she didnt want riverclan to attend, especially after most warriors were back on their feet and their den was being rebuild.. i think it was foolish of her, besides making us wait, not knowing whether we would be attending or not." minkpaw wasnt really that mad at birdsnow, she had failed, failed like larkstar before her and was a darn fool but if she tried hard enough minkpaw could somehow explain away her decisions..the ones regarding gatherings anyway. but perhaps it wasnt the time to explain away anymore, maybe it was time to finally see birdsnow as the fool she really was.

[ minkpaws opinions do not represent my own ]

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
rooks requirements

Last edited by alec; April 29th, 2024 at 05:00 PM. Reason: i cant spell