Thread: Haven Springs
View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2024, 02:32 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Haven Springs

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Lionheart | Moons: 17 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

Seabreeze felt the tension between him and Frostmelt there and clear, almost like a twoleg trap, around the neck. It felt like he could hardly get himself to speak or even make noise around the delicate silence that Frostmelt let linger. The other tom didn’t seem to be looking well but he caught a squirrel so he was at least well enough to do that. It was a bit messy but prey was prey and Seabreeze wasn’t the best land hunter himself to be honest. Riverwhisper’s next words was like throwing him into the river during leafbare. What was with Haven Springs and having his sister brought up. The lionheart appreciated the thought as much as he hated what Riverwhisper said, his condolences, like it hasn’t been nearly a full season cycle since Cloverpaw’s death. Seabreeze shifted his blue eyes away from the warrior, “You don’t have to apologize. You didn’t murder her.” He really wasn’t in the mood to talk about Cloverpaw, “She wouldn’t want cats being sad over her.” He is a hypocrite for that one, but Seabreeze didn’t care.

The lionheart watched Riverwhisper carefully as the tom failed to catch a mouse that was right in front of him, the tom went to pounce but missed the mouse. [ D20: 19 | Success ] Seabreeze’s eyes flashed and he was on the prey in a flash. He dove past Riverwhisper and managed to clamp a paw down on the mouse’s tail before raking it in for Seabreeze to bite and kill swiftly. The other tom had just finished apologizing for the blunder but we all have our days. Seabreeze took the mouse to a nearby tree and buried it swiftly. Seabreeze stared at the mound that signaled the prey before taking in a deep breath and turning around to see Riverwhisper a few tail lengths away bring in a bird of some sort. Then Riverwhisper was bringing up Frostmelt and Seabreeze’s relationship again, and only to follow with his own relationship with his mate. Did those relate? What was he trying to imply about Seabreeze and Frostmelt and how blind was he in the kindest way possible.

He means, they were exactly hiding the fact that the pair of them had a falling out and it wasn't like they had a very long relationship when the fight had happened. They had literally seen each other like one or two other times before that had happened. And now this warrior thinks it's smart to keep bringing it up despite the fact that it was clearly something that neither he or Frostmelt seemed to like hearing about and also the implication of something with bringing up how close Seabreeze and Frostmelt- and it's so confusing and out of the blue that it had Seabreeze running in circles in his own thoughts. The lionheart merely gave a strained smile at Riverwhisper, “Congratulations on the kits.” Maybe it was because he was a bit thrown off already, and maybe it was because it was way too soon for him and Frostmelt to be in this place together, and maybe it's because he felt guiltier and guiltier each time he spared Frostmelt a glance, but Seabreeze was starting to get annoyed with Riverwhisper. Wanting more and more to just focus on getting the patrol done, prey hunted, and the clan fed to think about any sort of emotional talks with a stranger who he knows nothing about but the fact that he is loud, has a mate and kits, and is a mediocre hunter.

Seabreeze, despite the inner turmoil that was continuingly getting worse answered the tom’s question, “It’s a lot of work, I am almost constantly on my paws, but I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I like taking care of Riverclan.” It was vague and short but it wasn’t bitting and feisty like he thought might happen. [ D20: 11 | Fail ] There was no prey, likely from the noisy cats that were making their way by their homes and dens, and that meant there was no escape for Seabreeze and he was forced to stay with the patrol. The tom took a moment to just breathe, not really listening as the others spoke. He just let himself fade away a bit and focused on the world around them rather than the world between them. On the extra focused look out for any prey and subsequent justification to leave the group and take a small, itty bitty break.
[ @forest - Riverwhisper | @Epiales - Frostemelt ]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!