View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2024, 04:41 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: foreigners and shades [p]

Starling was BORED. She had been lounging in a tree above her friend, specifically Aki, who was being a bit boring but still tolerable. Starling would tolerate its lack of motion for the time being, seeing as it was still the most exciting cat around. Or the only one who would put up with her idle chatter and noise and energy for more than a day. Regardless, where Aki went, she would go as well. And then Aki was gone, dropping gracefully from the tree and leaving Starling just a bit flustered in its wake.

She strained her ears, eyes, and nose for the potential cause of this sudden departure, and was, shockingly, able to discern the reason. There were other cats in the forest. She had heard the stories of clan cats of course, and knew they were supposed to live in this general region, but not given much credence to those stories. Aki had also been relatively unconvinced. Seemed like a kit story, and as curious as Starling was, she didn't particularly feel like running afoul of these supposedly fearsome felines. Not that she wasn't just a bit fearsome herself, or so she liked to think. Hotheaded at times, but lithe and swift in combat, when she got herself into trouble with her quick temper and sharp tongue.

With the cause of Aki's departure identified, she too made to leave her lofty perch. First, she dropped down to the branch which it had so recently occupied and then slid through the undergrowth in its wake. What she found at the end of the scent trail was.....a bit of a shock. These cats, four of them, were giving every indication of being the fabled clanners. At least, they were certainly being excessively hostile towards her and Aki (and whoever else was around, there was definitely another non-clan cat lurking in the undergrowth) over a rather arbitrary line of scent. And spitting what would surely be considered fighting words in most circles as well. At least one of the older ones was. The younger two just looked nervous, and the other full adult seemed relatively calm about their presence. She could have been right, if not for the other grumpy she-cat.

But, alas, it took only a tiny spark to light the fire that burned bright within Starling's small chest. Puffing it out and making her presence more clearly known by striding up to their TERRIFYING scent line, she issued her own challenge. It was only fair that if the weirdos wanted a fight they should get one. I don't know, what AM I doing here? she inquired with mock curiosity. I WAS just enjoying the woods with my friend, but it appears my sheer presence near your 'border' has given irredeemable offense Elaborate wording was so fun! which bloodthirsty clan cats like yourself can only assuage through 'tearing me to shreds'. The last part was said in a mocking tone, because really? They were NOT all that, and it would take them a good bit of effort to tear her limb from limb.

Now Starling continued, inclining her head and raising her voice slightly, really getting into the showmanship of it all, I am a very polite cat. As such, it is only fair that I provide you with the opportunity to relieve yourself of the unpleasant feelings my loathful presence has caused. A pause, for dramatic effect. Stars, this was fun. I do hope you take me up on it. Said serenly, her face the picture of calm. Before she launched herself, headlong, across the border and straight at the grumpiest molly, claws swinging in a move that she hoped would leave a nasty cut across the clan cat's nose if it connected. Fun!
(I hope y'all don't mind me and Starling kicking it off by going after Doeflame! Anyone who wants to get involved/dog pile on her has powerplay permission)
@Myling ; @blxze. ; @Dolomedes ; @kittycatburmise ; @Fits ; @Courage