View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2024, 02:06 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: Helping & Healing Paws [ Healing/Herb Lessons ]

SPRINGLIGHT
she/her | thunderclan medicine cat | 19 moons
long-furred, scarred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
active purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps
[ @Estelle @Dolomedes @Rani ( )]

It wasn’t often that Drizzlecloud was the one calling out the events. To be fair, mainly the youngest of the medic duo had been creating events to help restock the herb storage or even teach the clan youth about a few herbal remedies. Approaching out of the medicine den, her jaws clasped lightly around a small bundle of herbs that she would be using to teach the cats of the clan. There had been a lot going on as of late, and with consistent wars patrolling behind their backs, it was only time before then before another battle would wage upon them. Both of the medics had been consistently targeted during possible battles between clans, and it would come to a point where one of them would become far too crucially injured to tend to their patients. Given that her herbal knowledge was more flexed out than Drizzlecloud’s, which was relatively surprising given that the medic duo had been in their rank for nearly a year. She had been learning and anticipated experimenting with any new herbs, but she didn’t want to risk having to have her clan-mates potentially die at her paws… maybe she could search beyond the borders to test on other cats besides her own? It sounded risky, and she almost found herself hesitating with the idea. It was risky, and she didn’t want to do anything stupid to her clan-mates.

Expelling a hard sigh through her nostrils, the calico placed down her bundle of herbs beside herself as she brushed her way past Drizzlecloud, glancing towards the cats who had gathered their way towards the little event that the herbal duo had created. To be fair, the calico found herself feeling disappointed by the lack of individuals feeling interested in learning how to mend wounds or gain any possible herbal knowledge. It would give them some sort of credibility in gathering needed herbs for the herbal duo to assist the clan in any way they could or even patch up wounds if both of the medicine cats weren’t available at the moment. But, the current arrangement of cats that were there was more than enough to learn how to patch up wounds or gain important herbal knowledge from both herself and Drizzlecloud. Wolfhive caught her attention briefly, and the molly couldn’t help but past the tom a short nod as she placed down the herbs that she would be teaching. She didn’t expect for him to see it, but it wouldn’t be much of a problem if he did.

Her ears perked up instinctively as she overheard the familiar, chipper voice of an apprentice scrambling her way over, the medicine cat glancing down towards the purring ball of fluff as Poppypaw eagerly bumped her head against the medic duos' legs, greeting them both with the nicknames she gave them both. Even if it was a bit ago since Springlight had last seen the young apprentice, she still looked as brittle as ever and almost looked as if she hadn’t changed a bit. The way she stumbled and wobbled still made the herbalist puzzled with how she was able to walk without being bothered by the weird condition, but she still seemed as giddily as ever even if she dealt with it constantly. Eveningdance’s death was still something that she found hard to get over, given the situation was hard to deal with and Poppykit was just too young to witness the death of a loved one. Springlight had failed to save both his and Tawnykit’s lives, and she wasn’t going to allow that to happen again. So, seeing the tom-cat’s daughter so excited to learn any valuable information that would help her in the future made her heart quench and swell with pride that the molly had been looking up to the medicine cat for so long. None of Dovefluff’s kits had done that, even though she wished they had, but Poppypaw was like the little sister that Springlight yearned for ever since her other ones left.

“Hello… my littlest… poppy,” Springlight retorted in a playful, teasing tone, lifting a paw to fix a strand of ruffled fur behind the brittle molly’s ear, gradually fixing it momentarily before placing her paw down to give her little sibling a cheeky smile. Hearing her innocently ask if she would be teaching anything made her feel warm, her chest feeling as if it was swelling as she rumbled out a deep purr within her chest. “Why… yes… of course… I will… be teaching… about different… herbs… and their… usages… I have… even brought… some with me… to show… so that… everyone can… memorize them… however… I don’t… have all the… herbs that I… wished to… teach about… but I… hope it… will be… enough for… everyone to… learn… from my… explanation… alone.” The calico explained, her posture confident as she seemed more at ease with herself. Even with her voice more muted and paused after her grave injury, it didn’t stop her from speaking even though it made her vocal cords work themselves tremendously. The medicine cat briefly nosed the apprentice along her forehead before noting out both Mudhoud and Orangeblossom in the group. Relief washed through her that at least a few cats would want to learn some herbs, even if it wasn’t much.

“Thankfully… for the… both of… you I… will… be teaching… you lot… about herbal… usages… and some… poisons… to keep yourself… away from… the knowledge… will come… in handy… for the… coming days.’ Springlight cast her deep blue gaze from both the hornet to the tom-cat as she explained, swishing her tail behind herself as she remained seated beside Poppypaw. She didn’t want to abandon the young apprentice just to explain to both of them that she would be teaching about herbal remedies, it just sounded wrong.

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker