Thread: Sleepy Thicket
View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2024, 03:53 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Default Re: Sleepy Thicket

Mistyshard was out in the territory, aiming for a relaxed stroll, and maybe she would collect some herbs while at it. Light silver paws gently treaded on the earthy ground, a goal in mind. Sleepy Thicket... it held so many memories. But one in particular stuck out to her. The time when she was just little Mistykit with no worries in the world and Stormtalon had told her about the spirit that lived here would always stick to her memory. A soft sigh escaped on her maw, but her gaze was determined. A serious look on her face she headed in a straight line towards her former mentor’s grave. It had been so long since he died, leaving her absolutely distraught...

A while ago she had been lucky enough to see him again, and he was the reason Birdsnow and her had gotten another chance at life. Without him she wouldn’t be standing here right now, with her full name and the rank of RiverClan’s medicine cat. Her lean body came to a halt in front of Storm’s grave. A single tear rolling down her cheek she leaned down and let out a quiet purr. “I miss you, Stormy. You were great, and.. and.. i love you. Not a mate kind of love; more like the love for someone who almost felt like a father to her. At least... it had felt like that once upon a time.

”Thank you so much.. for.. for everything.. without you I... wouldn’t have come this far a-and... I won’t disappoint you, I promise. She chocked down the sobs and forced herself to return back to normal before anyone would notice. Mistyshard didn’t need a pity party. She’d been through so much and she was still standing, and most of that she had accomplished all by herself. Because everyone she loved always disappeared. It’s not like she chose to be all by herself, it just happened. Suddenly a voice popped up from behind her and the healer turned around, slightly surprised.

Her tears were already dried and she forced a small smile onto her maw. herbs... yes... that’s what she’d came here for originally. She gave a quick nod to Duskleaf. “Ah.. some help would be great. Uh... how about we look for some... cobwebs, which I’m sure you know what they look like. Along with some marigold. Marigold is a bright yellow-orange flower, it’s pretty easy to set apart from others. Does that sound good?” she inquired with a tilt of her head.

[ @Seamrog - Duskleaf ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den