View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2024, 01:30 AM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Default Re: RiverClan Outsider Joining

Fadingsun had been on one of his daily patrols out to the outskirts border when he came across a sickly looking pair of kits and a somewhat-familiar face. It took him a few moments to place the name, but it eventually clicked in his brain. Dapplewing.

He didn't have to ask the tom for an explanation for his absence, as he often had to do with cats trying to return to RiverClan. Leaving RiverClan was something that a good number of cats chose to do, for one reason or another. While it wasn't Fadingsun's preferred way of dealing with things, he understood why cats chose to do it.

Blue eyes shifted down to the two kits that Dapplewing had with him. They looked like they certainly needed a home; if they stayed out here any longer, they might very well die. Dapplewing called his decision to return selfish, but in Fadingsun's view it seemed rather selfless. If he was returning primarily for these kits, that was an admirable thing.

"I can admire the decision to put the well-being of these kits before your own," he said. "RiverClan has been in shambles for seasons now, so I don't blame a cat for wanting out of it. There's nothing wrong with needing to experience life beyond RiverClan's borders, as long as that time isn't spent with any of the other Clans."

He nodded down towards the kits. "What are your names?" His tone was a bit gruff, causing regret to immediately flash through him. Trying to rectify the situation, he quickly added, "I'm not going to hurt you." That was probably obvious, but they were children.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hunting hadn't been something that Fadingsun had done much of lately, so it was nice to get out and do some. He didn't bother taking anyone with him; he still preferred being out in the territory by himself. It gave him space to think, to just be in a calm place where nobody could get at him about anything.

The world seemed to have other plans for him this evening, however. Only a short while into his hunt, he caught sight of Skyfall staring beyond RiverClan's territory, out into the outskirts. He seemed to be staring at something in particular, which piqued Fadingsun's interest.

Upon approaching, he saw that the warrior was looking at a loner, who hadn't seemed to notice either of them yet. Glancing from Skyfall to the loner and back again, he wondered if they knew each other. If they did, Skyfall certainly wasn't making it obvious.

Deciding to just find out himself, he called out to the outsider. "Hello! Can we help you?"
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.