live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: RiverClan Outsider Joining

Quote:
Originally Posted by taillow View Post
DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan's head lionheart | 27 moons | active purrks

Stars above, the endless stream of questions had Dusklion regretting coming out this way. It was clear by now this cat wasn't a threat - well, to lives anyways. To ears was another story. The head Lionheart watched with a brow raised as she continued on and on, asking first if her brother wanted to be friends, and then if he was as pretty as her, and then if Dusk knew if she had a brother. That earned a snort. "If you did I can't imagine why they're not here," came the sarcastic remark, muttered under her breath as the strange cat seemed to snap her jaws back together.

Oh great. So not an outsider, but a kitty-pet. Dusklion didn't know which she preferred, because at least with a rogue or loner they had experience living outside of the realm of spoiled luxury like living in those nasty Twoleg dens. And this cat was... "...Do you know how to hunt? Or do anything outside of requirin' an... upwalker to do it for you?" Dusk let her gaze become more serious. "It's not like that out here. Out here we hunt 'n kill. We have to fight for every scrap of territory 'n every morsal of prey from the other three Clans. RiverClan isn't just a place where you make friends - you'd have to put in work, 'n effort, 'n even sometimes your own blood to survive."

She was curious what the kitty-pet - or, well, former kitty-pet now - would think of that. Coming from a soft, docile life, Dusk was confident it would be a shock. She didn't know of a lot of former kitty-pets - most of the outsiders that joined and subsequently thrived in the Clan were loners or rogues; cats who had experience actually living out here. Though, from the sounds of it Birdsnow had told this cat to wait here for a month, and she was still alive, so...

[ Melody - @Rose ]
Melody
She/Her

Gold-flecked blue eyes went round, as if Dusklion had suddenly started speaking in another language. And then, just as quickly, Melody was squinting in thought. Hunting? Killing? Three, no wait, Four Clams- Clans?!!? Woah. Not intimidated in the slightlest, the bouncy former kittypet could not resist... well... hopping back and forth on her paws in place as she considered Dusklion's questions.

"Hunting..!" Uhh... did the little wilderness Melody had
(second-handedly) experienced count? "Em... I watched someone else hunt! I asked them to teach me and they were gonna teach me in the mornin' they said, mhm, but then... um... when I woke up they were gone! Just like that! Poof!" Melody widened her eyes meaningfully. "Do you think they got kidnapped, or fell into a pool? Or what if they were stuck in a tree! One time, I got stuck in a tree and Greta couldn't get me down for days."

Melody shivered. "But no worries, it was a wisteria tree - my favorite!" She perked up, plucking the wisteria sprig from her fur and dropping it in front of Dusklion. "Here! You can have one too! I gave my other one to Miss Birdsnow. This one is a little smushed, sorry, but tada! A gift! Friends give gifts, right?" Melody's eyes were practically sparkling with happiness. "Do you think Miss Birdsnow would want to be my frien- Right, right, the questions."

The loner plopped back on her rump, front paws securely on the ground, to think. "I can do stuff without Greta..." She trailed off, ears drooping slightly at the reminder that her former owner was long gone. Greta really had been the best. And being the best meant that Melody was certain she would never find another upwalker like Greta.

"I don't... know how to hunt, or fight." She began slowly, tentatively, well aware all of a sudden that this could mean she'd be entirely turned down. Again. "But I..! You can teach me? Someone can teach me? I promise I'll learn!" Melody blurted. "I don't want to go back to any upwalker life if it's not with Greta, and... and..." Her shoulders hitched up. "I don't want to live all alone out here either, please?" The ex-kittypet swallowed. "You said you have to fight for territory and prey...food? I promise I won't eat anything... er..." Um, wait, she needed to eat. "...Unless someone tells me I can?"

Her ears perked up slightly. "Please? I want to learn everything!"

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.