View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2024, 05:58 PM
Lies! I don't know him!

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Default Re: Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]

Twilightstar looked up at the large black and white tom as he joined her. A knowing grin appeared on her maw as Crowtooth quickly guessed her idea. They say great minds think alike. "Yup, bringing down a tunnel is easier than building it up. While you collapse the tunnel, I'll ensure you aren't pinned or surrounded. I'm hoping we'll be able to push as many minks back into the tunnels as we can and trap them, those too stubborn to retreat can die." She meowed quietly to Crowtooth.

"It'll just have to be you and me. At some point, the tides will turn and our victory will be clear. Before the battle is finished we'll have to slip away and collapse the tunnel. We won't be battling directly next to the falls, and considering how long it took us to come across the caverns, it seems highly unlikely for ShadowClan to notice it unless they actively follow us." Twilightstar told him.

WindClan's been living in the prairie lands for almost twelve moons now, and it's only been in the last few moons that Twilightstar found out about the caves behind the falls. It was impossible to find unless a cat was actively looking for it. ShadowClan should focus on brawling not sticking their noses where they don't belong. Less ShadowClan cats were coming than WindClan, so she wasn't worried about the cave being discovered.

Twilightstar turned away from Crowtooth to listen to Dawnstar's reply to her question. Mossfreckle? That was interesting, Twilightstar had assumed Dawnstar would take her own medicine cat with her. She was taking Lightningstorm instead. Twilightstar faintly wondered if there was some motive behind that, but stopped her brain from traveling that road as quickly as possible.

She noticed that Dawnstar made certain to tell her that Mossfreckle was capable even as an apprentice. She doubted Mossfreckle was as good as Lightningstorm, but as she had given Dawnstar the more dangerous task she could see why Dawnstar wanted the more experienced healer. Still, she seemed to trust Mossfreckle. Twilightstar doubted Dawnstar would have kept the cat as a medicine cat if he wasn't any good.

The lilac-gray she-cat dipped her head in a silent greeting after Mossfreckle's greeting. She watched the medicine apprentice organize the warriors assigned to aid him. "You can take what herbs you find in WindClan, no need to lose cats because I want to be stingy during newleaf." She added to the ShadowClanners.

Twilightstar swung her head towards Dawnstar's patrol as her cats gathered around her and Hawkfur. She felt Swiftfire's glare on her and frowned lightly after glancing at the warrior. Yet another reason she decided against allowing Swiftfire to join the furies. Twilightstar had more than a few cats who openly hated ShadowClan and wanted nothing to do with them. However, they had the maturity to at least accept Twilightstar's and the clan's decision to ally with ShadowClan.

Sighing, Twilightstar stood and glanced at Lynxshade and the ShadowClan patrol with her. She gave a sharp jerk of her head, silently ordering WindClan and ShadowClan to follow her as she led them away. She glanced over her shoulder at the Clanmates she was leaving with Dawnstar and kept her gaze ahead. Worrying wasn't going to get them anywhere. She'd have to trust that Dawnstar wouldn't stab WindClan in the back.

The walk from ShadowClan's border, through WindClan's territory, and Twilight Falls wasn't done in silence. The leader explained her battle strategy as she moved. "For those of you who haven't had the chance to fight minks, they're smaller than most cats but outnumber us I roughly estimate probably two maybe three per cat. They are fierce, can and will leap and jump at you, and stick to you like burrs once they get their claws and teeth into you." Twilightstar meowed over the light breeze.

"They're highly territorial, so I expect we'll be attacked as soon as one spots us." The WindClan leader stopped as soon as they reached the evergreens that marked the start of Twilight Falls. The cats were several fox lengths from the waterfall and the pond, but the disgusting reek of death and rot hung in the air.

Refraining from wrinkling her nose in disgust, Twilightstar continued talking, certain they'd find the source of the reek later. "You all remain stationed among the evergreens, I'll lure them out of their homes and bring them to you. You'll attack on my signal. Mossfreckle, you'll remain back among the gorse bushes, should be far enough away that the minks won't wander, but close enough that you, Starlingstreak, and Hillstrider can keep an eye on everyone." Twilightstar order.

"Stay close to each other, and do not let any cat fight alone. If you notice someone on their own, regardless of whose clan they belong to, help them." She reminded them sternly. The leader didn't stick around to listen to any questions or opposition. She walked off moving towards the falls and the disgusting stink.

[As there are roughly 20 fighters in both patrols, there will be around 40-50 minks in each location, so two to three minks per cat, can't kill more than three minks per cat.]

@Wingnettle [Lynxshade] @starry [Palesong] | @Dark [Darkfall] | @ellie [Mossfreckle] | @carmen [Starlingstreak] | @Mica [Hillstride] | @Ian [Slytiger] | @Alchemist Kitsune - [Silverlark] @MockingRabbit [Eggpaw] | @kittycatburmise [Doeflame, is coming with Twi's group. @Starphobia [Springblossom] | @SeonghwasBunnyEars [Fallenmoon] @wendigo [Maplepaw] | @Katiethewolfchild [Birdpaw Caterpillarpaw] | @Littlesun112 [Larkspring] @Rani [Crowtooth] | @Jayden [Cloudfur]@Bean [Flashfeather] | @ChaosBringer. [Whisperingpaw] | @Undertaker [Leechscar]

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training