View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2024, 12:42 AM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: ShadowClan Outsider Joining

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec View Post
(so sorry for deleting my request and now posting a new one, i was very indecisive for a moment and also noticed i didnt add the starter oups)

Joining Form
Name: minkpaw
Rank Request: apprentice (she was pretty much done training in rc though)
New Name: / (unless necessary)
Reason for Joining: her actual reason to join is mostly to find a new place to call home after feeling like riverclan had turned against her, realistically, this first approach was a mental illness fueled heat of the moment-decision.

minkpaw puffed out her chest, tears had long dried up and besides the mild fog coating her thoughts she felt clear again, and after what had felt like forever but had realistically only been a few minutes she had made her decision. she loved cobwebpaw, and goldfish, and cared deeply about the few cats that had welcomed her with patience and love, but riverclan wasnt a place she could call home anymore. she couldnt stand even just imagining her return, sharp gazes burning into her pelt, stripping her of any and all confidence and comfort she had ever felt. the disappointed headshakes as warriors averted their gazes and apprentices turned to giggle to one another, what an embarrassment she was. she had disappointed cobwebpaw and goldfish, failed blazingstar and willowwisp, betrayed her own mother. she was no use to riverclan, and she couldnt bear the thought of ever stepping paw in camp again.
this was it, silver gaze scanned the surrounding area before sitting down just outside of the shadowclan border in order to wait for a clan cat to pass her. this was it.

Once upon a time, not so long ago, Lostspark had been an outsider. She had not belonged to a Clan, had not been a part of something larger. She had once had a home, but it could never be called that. And then she had found a home, in ShadowClan, whether she'd wanted it or not. But this was of no relevance, or so Lostspark was assuming as she lounged in a tree on a sturdy branch, tail swishing idly in the breeze, her presumedly blinded eyes trained on a dark form that had approached ShadowClan's border.

Hm. Lostspark had been sitting sentry, a silent spectator up in her tree for quite a while, so it was not a shock when she went unnoticed. That had been her aim, anyway. Despite that, she'd been sitting here for something else, though. For another outsider, one that she was hoping to brutalize when she found them. Today was likely not the day she'd find said cat, though, so there was little she could do about it.

For a while, the herbalist only sat there, still as a statue, observing the younger she-cat sitting by the border. Why? Well, for starters, Lostspark was waiting to see if one of her own Clanmates would appear - so she could ascertain if someone was entertaining an outsider (or, more precisely, from the scent wafting up to Lostspark, a former RiverClanner. 'Former' because the direction she had come from was not RiverClan). But when that didn't happen, and no one had approached even after a considerable amount of time, Lostspark figured two things; 1. Why not make this feline sweat a little, make her wait?, and 2. If this cat wasn't able to wait a little bit, wasn't able to have patience, then they did not deserve her attention. Patience was a virtue, and it was rewarded in equal measure.

So Lostspark sat there, hidden behind the leafy-green foliage cover that her chosen tree provided, head on her paws as she continued to watch in silence. And only around sundown, finally, when Lostspark reckoned this former RiverClanner had no intention of leaving, the Medicine Cat gingerly rose to her paws, balancing on her tree branch.

It only took a couple maneuvers for Lostspark to be on solid ground again, and then she was stalking up to the other she-cat, a predator on the prowl. "You reek. Of fish." There was no hostility in Lostspark's voice. It was just commentary, her words. An observation. Yet, this was a cat she was to be wary of, because Lostspark had secrets she could not let escape the inner circle of cats she trusted.

So the Medicine Cat lifted her head, her gaze fixed on a point somewhere over Minkpaw's shoulder - the unmistakable actions of a blind cat - distant and unyielding. "Tell me who you are, what you are doing here, and make it worth my while, unless you wish to meet your fate at the ends of my claws." A command, and an unveiled threat.

Technically, Lostspark wouldn't really harm the (former) RiverClanner unless she stepped over the border without permission or her words warranted some shredding, but Lostspark need not say that. She was not reluctant to use her claws, in the end. There was the off-possibility that one of ShadowClan's own warriors had developed a forbidden relationship with this RiverClanner, and now the latter was here to join - but those were mere theories where she needed to know facts.

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.

Last edited by Rose; April 24th, 2024 at 12:43 AM.