View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2024, 10:38 PM

My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Rabbit Running(Private)

(DUCKY IS NAUGHT BUT A FOOL)

Duckpaw was frozen in place for a second as her mentor took off into the grass. Then, she realized what was happening and began to run after her. Gotta catch that..rabbit, she thought to herself, bolting towards her mentor so that she could ‘catch’ Deadmoon. They were similarly matched in terms of speed, but Deadmoon had quite a few seconds head start, so Duckpaw had to put a pep in her step to catch up. Being stealthy didnt matter now-all that mattered was catching Deadmoon! She had (probably) lost one rabbit, but she could still catch this one!

“I’m gonna get ya, I'm gonna get ya, I'm gonna get ya!” She playfully taunted Deadmoon as she chased her. Deadmoon might have had a head start, but she also had a bad leg. Duckpaw had a slight qualm about using that to her advantage, but then she decided that she was having fun and should stop thinking. She focused intently on catching Deadmoon, speeding up until she was just a few hairs behind her.”Im gonna get ya!” she shouted. As she advanced on her mentor, Duckpaw thought to herself. This was pretty fun! She actually really enjoyed this!Then, she stopped thinking about anythng but catching her ‘rabbit’. Her head was empty, she had no thoughts. She only existed to catch Deadmoon. Now, Duckpaw understood why so many Windclan warriors and apprentices kept talking about how fun it was to hunt. She didnt think she had ever had this much fun in her life!

It took a while, but eventually Duckpaw was so close to Deadmoon that she felt like she could leap and ‘catch’ her successfully. “I’m gonna get ya,” she yelled once more as she prepared to jump. She leaped. She soared through the air, fully intent on landing square on Deadmoons back.

She did not land square on Deadmoons back. She barely landed on Deadmoon.

Instead, Duckpaw managed to land somewhat on her hindquarters, almost sliding off and hitting the ground. She grabbed one of Deadmoons legs and wrapped her paws around it, determinded to not let this ‘rabbit’ go. Not the masterful takedown that she had envisioned, but it would do. She clung to Deadmoon’s leg so that she couldnt be shook off. Then, she took her paw and smacked Deadmoon on her shoulder, because she couldnt reach to her head. “I win!” she said, still not letting go, slightly hanging off of the side of her mentor. “I’m the winner!”

@gs29513