Thread: Haggard Ruins
View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2024, 09:53 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Haggard Ruins

Mudhound
Thunderclan Hornet | They/them | 35 Moons
Bilingual T2 | Flock Together T3 | Rapid Recovery | Beefed up T3

Right it was time! They were gonna get it and beat it and ooooh! The Skull could be given to Bumble-sis for her den! She did say she wanted cool skulls for it, this would be a good start.

Carrioncaller for all his weird name had good ideas, and Mudhound had instructed Vivivi and Eggbite to help him collect sticks and stuff on the way there, even as they fussed oddly with their own fur, lacing distracting leaves and bright feathers into it in preparation for their own idea.
An idea they explained right before the large group got to the ruins, so everyone knew what to do.

"Ok so we gotta distract the thing and we got a plan!
Eggbite and Vivivi, you two are the fastest so your job is to run in and get its attention! Yell at it, chuck some of the rocks and sticks here at it, just be loud and there and distracting! It'll go to hit you eventually and when it does you run. You just run away, dont get close enough to let it hit you and dont worry, me and Carrioncaller are gonna be there to make sure it doesnt.

We're gonna be there with larger sticks and rocks and as soon as it goes after you, we step in and distract it! Thats why I got the feathers and stuff in my fur, so it sees me over you! If we keep alternating like that we can make sure its distracted by us being loud and there and cant focus on the others attacking it and make sure the fisher cant catch us while we do that! Hey maybe we can even like trip it or stomp on its tail so its distracted!"

It was the best idea the tripod had really and no one but Carrioncaller had piped up to add ideas so his had been meshed in and they were kinda winging it for the rest.

But there was no more time for plans though! Now was time for action!
"Ok guys, ready, set, go!"

The tripod burst from the bush, large, loud and brightly colored with feathers and leaves woven into their pelt wielding a rock they promptly chucked at the beast as hard as possible with a bellow.
"HEYA YOU STUPID SMELLY WEASEL THING! GET OUT OF OUR TERRITORY OR DIE EXCEPT WERENT NOT GONNA LET YOU ESCAPE! PAY ATTENTION TO ME BARKBARKBARKBARKBARK!!!!"

The foghorn could be a pain to both clanmates and enemies even if Mudhound kinda just slipped into straight dog barking at the end there. Ah well, being faced with a sudden dog cat was distracting too right? And once Eggbite, Carrioncaller, and Violetfreckle stepped in it wouldnt even be able see or deal with the attacking group at all.

@vellichor @Neptune. @Ladiebugg @Starfall (so you can keep an eye on it for the next patrol to step in)