View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2024, 01:44 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

SPRINGLIGHT
she/her | thunderclan medicine cat | 19 moons
long-furred, scarred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
active purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps
[ @Ladiebugg (it will only just be spring aiding daylight given that omari is currently on a hiatus right now ) ]

The medicine den had been quiet. Almost too quiet. No commotion had been coming around to haunt her inner consciousness. The healer was continuously paranoid even with the lackluster silence, always alert for when the next intruder might enter her domain. It wasn’t often that the den would be filled with a void of silence; a silence that almost felt deafening to her ears. No one was inside the den, and Drizzlecloud was nowhere to be found, making the silence unceremoniously drag on. It was the thing that she hated the most. It made her uncomfortable and anxious, reprimanded by the horrendous events that occurred at the Starcave. Being this jittery wasn’t something that the medicine cat wanted to endure. It had been… so long since she had suffered this initiation. The grisly words from Smallsky had been worse than remaining ignorant. What she had stated provided no comfort, and yet, it just continuously echoed in her head like raging bees.

Her paws moved subconsciously as she paced the cooler depths of the den, her thoughts rummaging freely through her mind faster than lightning could strike. What had she wanted with her? What had she needed? Why had she decided to lie about all things? All the impending questions poured themselves down at her, making her claws strike against the coarse life-rich soil, trying to counter the thought away as uneasiness shredded itself down her spine. So many things arose at once, that it just felt relatively uneasy for her to even handle scenarios like this. Cats were becoming mauled by the cruelty that happened in the territory, and even cannibalized by other cats of other clans. It wasn’t easy for the herbalist to handle on her own, only giving her a thickened feel of incoming dread by incident after incident occurring. She encountered the same, if not worse as a medicine cat apprentice, but she had been lacking the knowledge of a medic. Moons of spending in the medicine den had shown her how awful situations can get if they hadn’t been properly looked upon. She’s seen torn muscles, gouged-out eyeballs, shredded ears, all of it. It’s gruesome, but it’s necessary with her as a medicine cat to look upon those incidents and cure the wounded.

A voice breaks through her thoughts, her head jerking upward as the familiar stench of blood burns into her nostrils, instantly giving the long-furred feline a headache. When was the last time she dealt with a patient like this? A few weeks? She hadn’t been keeping track, but she knew full well that the last time she had interacted with any cat was when she was sending out herb patrols. Other than that, she had been keeping to herself other than occasionally chatting with Orangeblossom in case he came around or Drizzecloud. Bile collected at the back of her throat as whoever stepped in her den had banged themselves up pretty badly, judging from the fact that the voice of whoever had stepped into the crevices of the medicine den had called for both her and Drizzlecloud’s assistance. Unfortunately, given her mentor’s current lack of attendance within the den at the moment, it only seemed that her patient would require her for this critical healing. With some effort, the medicine cat exited the herb storage - a place she rarely left as she kept a close guard, only leaving when pangs of hunger were severe and she found herself forced to go out to the fresh-kill pile to pluck something interesting to give herself strength - and met up with her patient.

She recognized the molly at once. Daylightwing was one of the apprentices who became a warrior during the meeting alongside Sprucejumper. Both warriors weren’t cats that she was familiar with, although she distinctively remembered the tom-cat whose facial expression seemed nonchalant when she was a mere ‘paw treating his injury. Springlight wanted to commit to remembering everyone she had witnessed within the den, either if it were someone who wasn’t in the clan. Ever since she witnessed the grueling deaths of both Tawnykit and Eveningdance, she made it a point to remember everyone. Remember every face and every name. Because they were her clan, and she would always know what ailed every one of them and never let them suffer. Not if she could help it; she wasn’t like her predecessors. How naive she’d been when she’d come to decisions. Bright-eyed, full of pride at her job and her clan. How undeniably gullible she had been when she was just a young ‘paw stepping forth from being named after moons stuck in the nursery. Sometimes she wondered if one of these cats that she helped would eventually be the death of her sooner or later, the fear prickling over her shoulders like sharp talons sinking to her skin.

A quick survey of Daylightwing let her know that she was in dire need of being patched up, and the medicine cat could already find her stomach twisting and churning as she noted the audibly shredded foreleg which looked to be nothing more than exposed tissue and battered flesh. Springlight could easily find herself internally grimacing at the fact that this molly’s leg wouldn’t any longer be usable, only just a mere stump to remain. Even if Daylightwing didn’t give her an extensive, well-worded diagnosis, the herbalist was easily able to note the very injury adjacent right in front of her face. The medic wasn’t fairly certain if she held the proper herbs to try to patch up an injury like this, given that she had just recently cleaned out her storages, but she would have to hope that there was enough marigold, moss, and cobwebs to help fix this bloody mess.

“Here,” the tricolored feline swerved her way towards her injured patient’s side, aiding her as she gently pressed herself against her. Her paws stepped over the tainted scarlet that stained the naturally cocoa-brown earthy floors, focusing her attention on the nearest moss-bed before her as she glanced up towards the molly. Given that the herbalist was relatively one of the more smaller cats of the clan, it wouldn’t be easy for her to assist the newly named warrior to one of the nests to have the remains of her leg be patched up. “Lean… against me… I will… take you… towards that… moss-bed… over there… and patch… the leg up…” She explained, her tone careful as she began to lead the molly towards the nest, her tail rested amongst her shoulders. "Mind... explaining... how that... happened... in the... first place?"

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker

Last edited by iliri; April 19th, 2024 at 01:49 PM.