View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2024, 07:21 PM
ruthlessness is mercy.

Bump Policy: 4 days [time sensitive: 2 days]
My Mood: Queenly

Default "they still tell the legend of how you disappeared"

“I think I've seen this film before
So I'm leavin' out the side door”

No words left her lips as she drifted deeper into the forest, the evening light had taken its toll on her now. Restless was how she would describe it. If she wasn’t lying it got worse over the past moon. She hadn’t slept well since her former mother’s whole speech. Her own disconnect, her own refusal to compromise. But she felt zero remorse over her own words, her “parents” had pushed the limits so they were paying for it.

Heronpaw allows her drifting mind to wander, diving deeper into her own forest in her mind. It was peaceful for once, no longer was the smoke choking the pine trees. The forest she haunted since birth is now a calming woodland, the burned trees recovering from the former fire within.

She needed to let the remaining embers cool, so she did. The words now spilling out her mouth as they burned the charred remains of the pines spark up once more. “She didn’t care. She’s never cared! Why are you acting like it’s okay?! Why did you sit there and take it for so long! She was so preoccupied with her damn herbs, he was busy with patrols. They never cared!” She hadn’t noticed the failure in her voice at parts, flattened to husky fragments while others raised in volume.

Heronpaw feels the embers die. They are gone now, the forest now again peaceful. Rain started long before her departure from the dusk filled camp, it had been on the brink of night. The storm cloud had rolled over, bringing down the harsh winds and sobs of its own tears. Her pelt was soaked, how hadn’t she noticed? The gray cat shivered suddenly, paws planted firm in the rain drenched ground. She was near the Thunderclan border. How had she gotten this far? They were hostile towards each other, weren't they? The apprentice sighed. She couldn’t risk heading back to camp now and getting caught, or she could face whatever could possibly be out here.

She didn’t like the sound of the first option, so remaining out here was the plan. The faintest idea of charging into the enemy territory crossed her mind. It fell apart when the thought of being killed trotted through her mental woodland. A few leaves shake to her right. What. Was she seriously about to be killed like this? On her own territory, in the middle of a rain shower….?

[ @dino. ]

I would've died for your sins
Instead, I just died inside
And you deserve prison, but you won't get time

--
✰ [ stag’s carrd ]✰

kat sneaks away from aries... and runs into carmen