View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2024, 10:39 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: WindClan Patrols

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active

Lightningstorm paced back and forth, her dark paws wearing a small hole by the Galewood's base as she awaited the return of her patrols. Of any patrol. She needed herbs, and she needed them now. Gratefully, sooner rather than later, a familiar face made it through the camp's entrance, and instant relief washed over the medicine cat's gaze. Despite herself, she had found herself becoming fond of the dark, striped tom. There was something about him that reminded her of her uncle, in a goofy way. He also seemed to be reliable, which was more than she could say about the rest of the clan. Scalescar's notable absence a good example of this. It was a bad place to be in. A trap, really, to feel anything resembling trust for the cats who would be the death of her. But she supposed she had always been a social butterfly of sorts, even now as she resided in the prison she'd once called home.

His report left her with a neutral expression, the news of the gray tom's lack of effort really not surprising her. She hadn't seen him in camp since she'd called to him, either, now that she thought about it. Perhaps the warrior had simply decided to leave. It was an odd way of trying to make amends and be friends as he'd put it last they had spoken, especially considering the trust she had placed on his shoulders by appointing him lead of the patrol. And all that had accomplished was less herbs and a bickering twosome. The instant lesson on not deluding herself with pointless trust was well understood, at the very least.

"I wouldn't say no to more cobwebs if you can get them, really. With those minks about, odds are we are going to be using more of these than I normally keep stocked. Don't feel obliged to run them down for me though, love. You've done your part, and I know you're well injured. Take a rest. I'll keep an eye out for Scalescar and see what the bloody hell is going on in that head of his later," she responded, pointedly ignoring the bickering with Swiftfire.

That seemed like a more personal matter that she had no real say in. Cats not liking each other was not something she could comment on. She mostly loathed everyone, after all. Perhaps she should make a remark on that. On how even with her distaste for WindClan she still forced herself to give it her all every day, knowing very well how it would all end. But she noted that... she felt a strange churning in her gut at the mere idea of telling Crowtooth that she loathed the clan... because that meant telling him that she essentially despised him as well and... She wasn't sure if that was the truth anymore. Shaking her head to herself, Lightningstorm dipped her head, grabbing the herbs before heading towards her den to take care of the injured patrol.

@Rani [Crowtooth]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios