View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2024, 09:12 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler | He/him | 49 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

The day after a gathering was always a groggy one.

The tom roused at the call, stretching and yawning wide as he desperately tried to wake up his mind to the situation and not just dwell in the hazy half awake stupor he was in. This seemed important to pay attention too anyways.

His fairly neutral mood dipped, ears sagging at the renewed talk of Fallownose and that Twilightstar couldnt bring herself to choose another deputy. It wasnt disappointment that he felt, no one expected the leader to choose so quickly especially given the death was so unexpected, it was more of sorrow that this even had to occur at all. Things shouldve gone differently and everyone had expected Fallownose to be the last but now he wasnt, who was next would have to live up to his shadow.

The choice could wait, especially with the new furies.

The rank sounded fascinating, and a good idea one that could lessen the burden on the high ranks even once a deputy was selected and could for now split the responsibilities so Twilightstar could lead. And he was one. The tom had been nodding along to the choices, pleased with all before his eyes blew wide when his own name came even if it wasnt all that unreasonable. He was aware he was a bit of an over dedicated workoholic and that seemed like just what was desired for the rank but still, him.

Crowtooth once again chronically never expected himself to be in any positions of honor, always regarding himself as the dumb dork he was in private, despite his occasional bouts of pride. And frankly he could think of a couple of cats that had come to mind before him (Swiftfire despite her loud mouth and Silverrose as an example) but instead he was here.

The toms eyes misted and he sat up straighter, nodding firmly as the leader with a rasped "I wont let you down. We'll crush those mink then make the fish pay and we'll make 't through this. As windclan always does." determination settled into his bones. He could do more now to help and would do more, just watch him.

A little voice, one familiar caught his attention before he could say more however, and the toms head shifted to grin down at Rabbitpaw. "Aw kiddo, 'ts great yer practicin' but a mink even gives me trouble, yer not participatin' this time, 'm sorry. I know 'ts disappointin' I had ta sit out o' the first battle that occurred in my apprenticeship too. But part o' helpin' the clan is knowin' when ya cant help.

Plus, Poppysong is right. Minks 'ave no honor (much like some clans I can name) an' will attack anyone there even if theyre medics. Ya can ask, once but if she says yes yer not goin' anywhere near the mink an' ya run if they even look at ya but if she says no yer droppin' it an' stayin' home. "
Crowtooth would have no ifs ands or buts here he would ground Rabbitpaw if he had to and even though his words werent mean they were stern. He didnt forsee Ligthningstorm saying yes but he didnt speak for her so Rabbitpaw would get to ask at least and if it wasnt a yes.....

"Ey Poppysong? Maybe if she says no ya can take Rabbitpaw an' some o' the younger apprentices on a herb patrol while we're gone? Try an' get the herb store restocked o' the herbs that this venture will use."
It'd help burn the kids anxiety and need to help while the warriors away and be more useful then other ideas. Poppysong and her limp might not be able to handle a fight or a hunt but she could probably do a herb patrol at least.

@Dolomedes @MangofDoom @Alchemist Kitsune (lightning mention)