View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2024, 07:09 PM
Lies! I don't know him!

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

[This is set after the current gathering]
She still felt like a hot mess, but the quicker they got a handle on the mink situation the faster they could move on to the real problem, RiverClan. Twilightstar leaped down from her den, landing among the roots of the Galewood, and walked towards the middle of the camp within the clearing. WindClan's been given long enough to grieve. It was time to get down to business.

"WindClan, gather at my paws for an announcement!" Twilightstar yowled. It was rare for her to call unofficial meetings like this one. She wasn't doing ceremonies or anything like that here. She had to inform the clan of some decisions she'd made recently and to prepare them for the upcoming battle alongside ShadowClan.

"I've decided I need some time to replace Fallownose. So WindClan will be without a deputy for a time." In the past, Twilightstar was always quick about finding a new deputy. But with Fallownose she had never thought she'd have to search for another. She wanted to make sure that whoever she chose would be as half as dedicated to WindClan as he was to them.

Twilightstar couldn't do that with her heart still bleeding with grief. Yet she didn't want the clan anticipating a new deputy announcement in the upcoming moon when she had no plans to replace him. It'd be cruel to make them wait without informing them of her decision.

"I'm aware that some might not be pleased with my decision. But it is mine to make and I ask that you respect it. Without a deputy, I'll need help keeping order and some cats trustworthy to mind patrols in place of the deputy for the time being. So I will be bringing back WindClan's Guardians under a new name. In light of the tragedy that has befallen us, I believe WindClan's Furies will serve them better." She says with her tail lashing behind her.

"To ensure that the Furies' authority is recognized, they will sit a rank higher than warriors, but lower than our high ranks." Twilightstar had thought about keeping these cats the same rank as warriors, but if she was going to trust them to help her with the clan, they needed some power.

"They will be known as our best our elites. Each Fury will be a source of strength, loyalty, and security to the Clan. They will be allowed to issue punishments as steep as demotions, as they see fit to those who are more disruptive or neglectful among the clan, however, anything revolving around exile or executions will have to be discussed with me." Twilightstar placed quite a lot of trust in these cats.

"I will be currently allowing up to seven cats at once to hold the rank of Fury, no more. You will be allowed to earn the rank of Fury in some ways, I, WindClan leader, can pick you. You can get recommendations from two other Furies, or you may challenge a current Fury to replace them, whether it be racing, hunting, fighting, herb collecting, or so on. If you decide to challenge a Fury, I must approve of the challenge and I will decide what you will be competing in. Winning the competition will not automatically earn you the rank of Fury. I will allow the remaining Furies to oversee the challenge and decide who secures the rank." Since the Furies would be working with whoever won the challenge, it seemed only fair they decide who was fit to serve alongside them.

"To ensure there is order among the Furies, I'll be appointing one Lead Fury to oversee the entire team, and a Lieutenant to replace the Lead should they go missing, get dismissed, or retire. Those two ranks can only be challenged by a current Fury." It was a small group, but just as a clan can't be run without a leader and deputy, it seemed fitting that the Furies have a lead and lieutenant.

"These ranks will be entrusted to Batglare, Dapplebreeze, Crowtooth, Bravebird, Leechscar, and Hawkfur. Batglare will serve as Lead Fury with Dapplebreeze as his lieutenant." Twilightstar debated adding Swiftfire to the team. But after her last scolding for being disrespectful during Fallownose's mourning, Twilightstar felt that Swiftfire needed to mature a little. She liked the molly's passion, she reminded her a lot of Bravebird when it came to speaking her mind.

However, there was a time and a place. Not to mention, Twilightstar was pretty sure that Swiftfire had gotten on the nerves of at least half of the current furies. She trusted they'd be mature enough to avoid letting that get in the way of serving the clan, but for now, it'd be better to keep an eye on Swiftfire.

"If there are no objections, then get ready to head out. Dawnstar and ShadowClan have agreed to help us take care of the minks. Granted, I doubt it was out of the goodness of her heart. The minks have started infringing on ShadowClan's territory." Twilightstar rose and shifted from paw to paw.

"We will be expecting a rough battle, so no cats without battle training or experience will be allowed to come along. Lightningstorm, I'll need you come with. You'll work with one of ShadowClan medicine cats. Firestorm is not coming with us, so pick someone you trust to help you with carrying herbs or whatever you need. Batglare will be staying behind to watch over the camp in our absence." Once they were finished with the minks, they could focus on RiverClan.

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training

Last edited by Moonraven; April 17th, 2024 at 07:46 PM.