View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2024, 10:09 AM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: RiverClan Outsider Joining

Melody
She/Her

"Sorrysorrysorrysorry-" Melody cut off with her nonstop apologies for crashing into the Head Lionheart, successfully distracted at Dusklion's question of whether she wanted to join RiverClan or not. "Yes!" Yes yes yesyesyesyesyes.

Eyes bright with excitement, Melody couldn't help the occasional twitch of her tail tip. Her tail really wanted to lash back and forth, wagging like a canine's, but Melody held it at bay for right now. She didn't want to seem too much of a weirdo. The goal was to impress, not... not be so starstruck that she made an idiot of herself.

"I wouldn't ever kill your brother!" Melody declared instantly. And then... "...Who's your brother? Does he want to be friends? Is he as pretty as you? I've never had a brother, or actually, maybe I did, I don't know. Do you think I have a brother? Is this too many questions?" The ex-kittypet shut her mouth, feeling a bit chastised as she called herself out. Um, what had been the question? Her goal was to get into RiverClan, not annoy the one cat she came across into kicking her out. "I'm not even full outsider. I used to live in an upwalker nest, Greta was the best, but she fell asleep and didn't wake up and someone called it ... death." Melody wrinkled her muzzle at the strange word. She didn't like it. "Does that count? Well... maybe it doesn't, kinda, since I'm still... outside the, um, border."

The classic tabby peered down at the invisible line that held so much meaning in this world, as if she could see it. Her heart swelled with happiness when Dusklion (speaking of that name... that name! it was so cool! ...what was a lion?) mentioned that Melody didn't look like trouble. Aha! She wasn't trouble! Melody didn't want to be trouble. She wanted to be... what was the opposite of trouble? Helpful? She wanted to be just that.

"I'm a little over two summers old." She beamed, and then hesitated a moment. Wait, no, how was it that other cat had said they measured time? "I mean, er, twenty..six moons... old?" Her ears perked, and she promptly opened her mouth to ask Dusklion her age... and then figured she'd already asked too many questions and it'd probably be rude to ask someone their age. Melody was more than happy to share all the information about herself... but it was probably not appropriate to run around asking other cats for their lifestories, no matter how inquisitive she was.

[ @taillow - Dusklion ]

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.

Last edited by Rose; April 16th, 2024 at 04:34 PM.