revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: once a week/every 7 days
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: minkpaw training [p]

Quote:
Originally Posted by occultation View Post
( @alec )

Fadingsun watched quietly as Minkpaw focused on the river. Their form looked good, exactly what he'd expect out of a trained fisher. The apprentice showed an excellent amount of patience, one of the key things to a successful fish.

After several moments, Minkpaw lashed out with a paw and scooped up a good-sized fish. She plopped it down on the bank, watching it wriggle about. Fadingsun's head tipped a bit to one side in curiosity; what was so fascinating about a fish that she wouldn't kill it immediately? Maybe she just didn't know how. "After you scoop it out of the water, you can deal a hard bite to its head or smack its head to kill it. Your form looked excellent; for not having fished in a while, you're doing a great job."

minkpaw nodded, "im glad its okay, its not that different to regular hunting.. but do you have anything i should work on? and tips maybe?" she cocked her head in question, eyes on fadingsun. even if her hunting was fine she needed to be better, 'fine' wouldnt do it for her, she was going to be a 14 moon old apprentice soon, she had to be perfect.
the fish was still wiggling next to her and she silently lifted a white tipped paw, eyes still on fadingsun and placed it on the fish, piercing it with her claws and effectively keeping it in place as the wiggling stilled. the thought that this might come across as threatening didnt dawn on her until it was too late.

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━