View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2024, 12:01 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Future and past [p]

Nathaniel
Kittypet Healer | He/him | 40 Moons | Dreamwalker | Silver Tongue

'Tansypaw' that was the name of yet another apprentice and the sigh that came from the tom as he relaxed back into the water. Of course it was, Riverclan could never learn from their mistakes and kept repeating them.

From what it looked like that trend would only repeat with this apprentice here, only that from what he could tell she was going towards this fate voluntarily though the tom was certain she did not know the cost it entailed. He'd offer that education before the other then, and if she still wanted to learn despite that then Snakeheart would become to her what Cricketpaw was too him.

"Oh Tansypaw was it? Poor dear, I thought it was Stonepaw however? Or Fawnpaw or whoever in the very long line of children pushed too young and too unprepared into a role that has a heavy cost."
The toms tone was bitter even if his face was free of judgement, and it was clear he was all too familiar with this cycle.

Nathaniel fixed a sharp serious gaze on Minkpaw, making it clear not taking his questions seriously and lying would not end well for her.
"And you seem to wish to join this cycle by joining their ranks? Youre learning and helping all on your own when you have the chance to live a normal life, blissfully unburdened by any of it.

Dear your aspirations are noble and kind, but could very well ruin use as they have every cat in that rank before you."

Time for a brutal reality check, one that should Minkpaw withstand she'd gain his respect and help with.
"Medicine cats are the only one of the clan who kill innocent loyal clanmates, did you know? No matter how good you are one day you'll find a case, a suffering clanmate who is doomed and you cannot help no matter how much you try. You'll be forced to either let them slowly suffer to death through agony or end their life yourself as a mercy. Either way their death will be on your paws.

Leaders get the grace that the clanmates they kill are traitors and dangers to the clan, should you pursue this path you will not and it will haunt you."

A sad cast to the toms eyes as he looked away, thinking on his own time in the rank as his words were mournful.
"As if its not enough you'll be apart from the clan, separated in even a way the leaders are not. You'll sleep apart, work apart, live apart in a way they do not and they cannot understand the burdens you are under.
You'll work all day all the time and it'll almost always been under bad circumstances as apart from kitting no one ever comes to you happy and hale. Your work will be dire, and endless, and frantic, and awful, and always too as even a minor mistake can mean a clanmates death that is your fault. You'll wish to be kind at times but find that nothing gets done if you are, that things will slack and cats wont listen to you and when they dont cats die so you will be forced to be harsh and firm. No one will thank you for that."

Nathaniels lip curled as his tail flicked harshly, residual ire built as he finished, ear flicking to Minkpaw pointedly as he hissed "And through it all, through the endless suffering while you are struggling to keep your and your clans heads afloat children will come. They are young and hopeful and bright eyed and you'll look at them and realize you are not a child like them, even if they are the same age as you. Youve been jaded and seen life how they cannot and they will covet the position you hold and you'll no matter how much you try hate them because they are naive to reality like how you wish you could be again.

Just like how you are right now."

The ire in him eased to an old sad cast the tom had held for a long time now, too worn and resigned to how the cycle repeated to maintain anger anymore. This was his one and only warning to her, and while he wished to spare everyone from this fate the ex medicine cat knew too well how life worked and this wish was impossible. If this did not scare her off of this idealistic dream then nothing would, and he could only try and make sure she was ready just in case instead.

"This is what pursuing healing might get you. But if you still wish to persist.... Well I can promise you that however much you think you know, however much you are 'managing' you are not in truth. But that if you wish to continue to heal without thanks I can teach you to do so effectively.

No matter how much I hate the idea of this same thing happening to yet another young cat I love riverclan too much to let it struggle as you clearly are without the knowledge.

So what say you?"

@alec

Last edited by Rani; April 13th, 2024 at 12:02 AM.