View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2024, 03:40 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

Default Re: The Shadowledge

@JackHunt_17 [Couguarbite/Forestpaw - I'm sorry, I got distracted] | @nyx [Pebbleshell mention] | @Mica [Mistlewhisker] | @SuspiciousMindz [Hawkbite] | @Dark [Darkfall - so you know the discussion started] | @hades. [Yellowtwist] | @Estelle [Sleeypaw]

Dawnstar sat at the base of the Shadowledge, watching as the clan disputed. She was forgetting something, but what? A glance around brought her attention to Forestkit. Oh, yeah, him. Even though he had been a major pain, he had been silent for the rest of the meeting. As Sleepypaw was dealing with her family, Dawnstar took a second to walk over to Forestkit.

"You're lucky I'm bothering with this," Dawnstar told the kitten. She really should have made him wait. "From this moment until you receive your warrior name, you'll be known as Forestpaw. Your mentor is Pebbleshell. You can have Cougarbite help you track her down and inform her." Dawnstar wasn't going to waste her breath on calling the warrior over. She should have made Forestpaw wait next moon to get his ceremony done.

Done with that, it was time to address the idiots being none too quiet or deceptive with their words. "Yellowtwist, Hawkbite, Mistlewhisker. You do know that I'm not blind and I'm not deaf. You insult me by speaking and glaring as if I am." She was irritated, but not to the point of rage. Her paranoia was starting to flare up, though. That was not good for any of the three cats.

An enraged Dawnstar was one thing, a pissed-off paranoid Dawnstar was a lethal thing. It wasn't just their ranks and place within ShadowClan they were jeopardizing if they weren't careful. Her paranoia reached the most illogical conclusions for Dawnstar to worry about. She preferred erasing the issue and asking questions later when it got too bad.

"I never took my Enforcers to be pouting kits and gossiping elders, to cowardice to come and speak with me when you disagree with my decisions." Dawnstar spat, walking back towards the base of the Shadowledge.

She paused in front of Sleeypaw. "It seems I'm still busy, while I deal with this, why don't you check out the apprentice den? You can set up a nest there or remain in my den, I don't care." She flickered the new apprentice's ear with her tail tip as she walked past her. Dawnstar felt a little bad about being busy, but such is the life of a leader.

She sat at the entrance of her den and lifted one humongous forepaw, nibbling on a sharp talon. She welcomed the three, anyone else disgruntled with her decision, to stand before her and state their minds. It was doubtful she would change it, but they could try. Or die, depending on the discussion and how badly her paranoia and anxiety acted up.

"Mistlewhisker, Hawkbite, your job is to enforce my orders and help me keep the clan in line. I don't have to tell you or inform you of anything. You best remember that. If I want your opinion I will ask for it." Her Enforcers were not her keepers, nor her parents, even if they were. She was their leader, she was the highest power within ShadowClan, they'd do well to remember that before making assumptions.

"Before you start whining about looking foolish or weak, picking a fight over territory that ShadowClan doesn't need and then losing that fight is what will make us look a fool and weak." Dawnstar didn't understand why such a big fuss was being made over a mere creek that hadn't even been theirs. They didn't even freaking need it!

"I don't recall hearing the clans calling ThunderClan weak or soft after they returned WindClan's territory to them." She doesn't recall anyone making a fuss about that. "I can barely get ShadowClan to take care of basic duties, rallying them to fight for a chunk of land that isn't ours, seems like a waste of time. It's not like I can not find new territory or take it back if needed later." It seemed dull to fight over it now. ShadowClan had more than enough territory to take care of as it was. Feuding with ThunderClan took a backseat when it came to the inner workings of ShadowClan.

"Now that I've been the bigger cat and explained my thought process, I'll allow you to try and convince me of otherwise. Be grateful I'm even giving you a chance after that show of such childish insolence." Yellowtwist, okay, he was a brand new warrior. She wasn't expecting much maturity from him. But her Enforcers, her commander, glaring and complaining under their breaths instead of discussing matters with her. They were far more immature than she had originally thought. She'll have to keep their sensitivity in mind regarding future decisions.

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder

Last edited by Undertaker; April 10th, 2024 at 04:34 PM.