View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2024, 05:00 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Inspired

Default A Long Overdue Reunion [P]

~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN - AMAB HE/HIM - BEEFED UP TIER 1 ~

Large, muscular, dappled gray tom with light cream-gray fluff on the front of his neck and chest; amber eyes.

Character bio can be read here.

Wolffang scanned the camp for Bravebird, a rabbit dangling from his jaws. Its delicious scent flooded into his nose and mouth, making it water. But it wasn't for him.

Nerves made every hair on his pelt tingle, and his stomach felt tight with anticipation. He wouldn't be able to eat in this state, not even if StarClan themselves came from the sky with some prophecy rabbit that healed all ailments. Well... if he was gravely ill, or if they commanded it, he'd eat it. Of course he would. They were StarClan, after all-

He shook himself. The rabbit thumped against his chest, disturbed by the motion. It looked like a splash of snow in his light-colored chest fluff. He knew his worry was making him think like a hare-brain. But he had every right to be afraid. Yes, there was a good chance Bravebird didn't remember him - the thought brought a sudden stab of pain so sharp he almost dropped the fresh-kill - but that didn't erase the fact that he'd been avoiding her for far too long. Out of fear, out of pain, out of... well, feeling so lost in his own guilt and too overwhelmed to do much of anything. And the last time she saw me, she was angry over a misunderstanding. Cowtuft's exile flashed in his mind in the time it took for one to blink.

Now Wolffang wasn't in such a terrible spot. He was determined to make things right. That fiery feeling seared his flesh and chased away any chills his anxiety might've instilled. It compelled him forward, setting his head turning, his amber eyes roving across the clearing, erasing the stiffness in his neck from carrying the plump rabbit. Warriors fix their mistakes. They make amends. They heal severed bonds. That was what he was doing, right here, right now.

He'd known he had to do this for some time. He'd forgiven himself for his negligence and vowed to do better. But, after seeing Fallownose's body crumbled at the base of the Galewood... after scenting the pungent odor of RiverClan on its corpse... he'd known that now was the time. He had to be a warrior. He had to be there for his Clan. No more fear, no more waiting around for "the right moment." There was no such thing. If anything, it was now.

Is she mad at me? Does she care? I've forgiven myself, but... she has every reason to be upset. Oh, StarClan, grant me strength. Let me know the right thing to say, he prayed, still looking around.

A flash of white caught his attention, coupled by a burst of lilac. Wolffang froze and turned toward it.

There she is.

Bravebird.

He took a deep breath, the warm scent of the freshly-caught rabbit now nauseating. Get yourself together. She had every right to be angry - or, worse, not remember him, not that she had any control over that - and Wolffang would bear it and talk through it with her. He'd deserve it, but he wanted her to know just how much she meant to him and do everything possible to make amends.

The dappled gray tom headed her way. His heart was pounding now, his very blood writhing with anticipation. Once he was nearby, he dropped the rabbit and looked at her.

"Bravebird." Saying her name felt strange yet familiar. Necessary. He remembered the strong young warrior, eyes alight with determination, a guiding paw for Fernpaw. Keep talking, he urged himself.

"I caught this rabbit for you." He gently prodded it with one paw. "I... I don't know if you remember me. If you do, I'm sure you're upset with me. You have every right to be. I've been afraid. I've been a coward. I wasn't sure what to say to you, and that continually kept me away, coupled with Clan duties and… personal issues. However, I’m not trying to make excuses. It’s still my fault. But… but I'm here now, and I'd like to talk and make things right." It suddenly occurred to him that she might not want him there. Despite his resolve, he added, "If you're willing." It was his responsibility to approach her, but it was Bravebird's choice to do whatever she felt up to.

@taillow ( )

How Would You Describe My Writing Style?

New and Improved Character Bios!

Last edited by TheNyanCatMinecart; April 24th, 2024 at 12:11 PM.