View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2024, 06:34 PM
⯎ Never Be Alone ⯎

Bump Policy: 48 hours ^^
My Mood: Stressed

Default Re: Where No One Goes [finder]

Hollow
"The Night Lantern"

You see a lantern attached to a tree, dangling by a silver thread... do You approach it?

You nervously approach the tree, heart beating quickly. Then, you examine it. There is no fire in the lantern, it just... glows. Do you touch it?

You don't want to burn yourself on the strange lantern. Instead, you notice a paper on the ground. Picking it up, you read; "The Lark is a symbol of hope in the morning. There is Always Hope." Hmm. You don't know what this means, but you take the paper and continue walking. Eventually you find your way home and go to sleep. When you wake up, the paper is burned on the edges on your nightstand. Surprised, you pick it up and read it again. "Once there was magic here... but like the lark, it has finished it's song, and is never to be seen again." You'll never know what would've happened if you touched it. You try to find the tree again, but you only find a massive pile of ashes. Another scorched paper is on it. You pick it up and read; "Once there was magic here. The song has been sang, and the scorches are all that remain." You're glad you didn't touch it and burn yourself, but what did it mean by Magic? You'll never know.

You press your fingers on the lantern, and immediately you begin feeling your feet slip away. When you try to scream, no words come out. In a moment, you're sucked inside. When you next open your eyes, you're in a grassy field with a river running through it. A song softly goes off an on through static and seems to echo around the area. Then, a female voice croons, Ding-Dong, I know you can hear me. Open up the door, I only want to play a little. The song is gone, only static. The river begins flowing blood. Your feet are rooted to the spot. A twisted, glitchy shadow appears and begins coming toward you. Serpents and spiders, tails of rats, summon the spirits, wherever they're at! it splits into more shadows. Ding-Dong I know you can hear me, open up the door! I only want to play! A little-
It's too late. The booming voice startles you. Death follows her path. She is a weapon. A tiny kitten is hidden in a hollow of the ground, the shadows peering down at it. She's the blood of the night. The shadow turns to face you.
She walks, and blood follows. She sleeps and it flows at her paws. SHE. MUST. DIE. You get the sudden urge to flee. Do you?

You stand your ground against the shadow. And suddenly, it surges forward into you. You try to scream, but no sound comes out. A voice booms in your head, "The song of the morning lark..." You blink open your eyes. It was a dream! But in your palm, burning hot, is an emerald. In surprise, yuo drop it, sucking your burnt hand. A paper flutters down with it. "The Lark's magic has sung it's song. The lark is a symbol of love and hope. Never lose the joy of what matters most. Never lose hope." You never discover where it came from.

With a scream, you turn and race through the woods, the shadows always just behind you. This night will. Keep repeating over and over. And over. Until you make it end. Screech the static shadows, and suddenly the fingers of the night curl around your waist and your thrown into the air. Closing your eyes, you scream. Your time is over. You're sure of it. But when you open your eyes, the tiny kitten is curled up beside her mother, sleeping peacefully. The shadows are gone. Within a second, her fur melts into shadows, and a shadow is born. But this one... just stares at you. Lies. I have a chance. They. Must. Give. A. CHANCE! You stagger back at the scream. What if blood doesn't flow where I walk? There is a superstition. The lark represents hope. The shadow forms a lark out of the stars, surprising you, but you simply watch, stuck in place. The lark is a symbol of love... hope... joy. Known for it's sweet welcoming to the day in the morning. Don't let the shadows deceive you. There is always-- Always-- hope, as long as the morning lark sings. And with a flick of a shadowy hand, the celestial bird flutters off into the stars. And with another twitch of the hand, you open your eyes in your bedroom, safe and sound. But there's something different. A tiny, glass statue of a lark sits on your dresser. You'll never find the tree again, never know where it came from, or if it was real at all. All you know is that the lark is a symbol of hope. And hope? Hope is something you have.

You're lost.... alone... and it's night. You can't risk angering anyone by fiddling with the lantern. Eventually you find your way home, but decide to return to the lantern tree. The lantern is gone, the tree burned to ashes. A piece of paper is on the ground. Do you grab it?

You pick it up warily, smooth the edges, and read it. "Once there was magic here." Hmm. You'll never know what happened to the tree.

You can't be bothered, and go home. Perhaps one day you'll return.

Name:

Hollow

AFAB Female

4 Moons

Appearance:

A lanky gray she-cat with a darker gray stripe along her spine and amber eyes. You can find images of her in her album.

Personality:

While she can be upbeat and eager, Hollow is also quite curious and feisty. Any help offered when she doesn't want it will be met with attitude and a wry comeback. Although, if she enjoys you and your company, you can expect a quick, frenzied apology and desperation for approval. She adores attention and any sort of praise, which tends to be the way to her heart. After praising her, you can expect a plead to go on an adventure, or to tell a story. She loves stories of big, scary cats who save the day-- but will never, ever admit who it's based off of.

Plot Ideas:

Hollow is extremely proud of herself and her work, so any sort of cruelty and lack of appreciation will set her off, snarling about this or that. Maybe she could hold a grudge against a cat and attack them, or even go as far as announcing their secret to the world, the naughty kitto. Hollow is very saucy at times, so I think a training session in the Dark Forest would be enough to set her straight and have her confide in a clanmate.

BRIEF PLOT PITCH:

She will be the kit <3

Will she be joining Riverclan?:

Yes, hopefully.

Other:

X
I hope the lark brings you hope <3

user20199_pic48605_1708200329.png

Hollow was running. Nope, that was an understatement. She was streaking through the forest, eyes wide, heart hammering. The big, thumping paws were behind her, chasing her, screaming insults as they hunted her down. Stupid rogue. If there was one thing she hated, it was being bullied because she was short. That was the only reason he could be chasing her, or the only reason her brain registered. After all, she was 4 Moons old, not a mastermind. She was just a kiddo, as much as she didn't want to admit it. And it was true, too. Just 'cause you're big doesn't mean you aren't stupid! She yowled for no particular reason other than personal satisfaction.

Her chest heaved with the effort of the chase, but her too-big paws for her too-little body was making it all the harder to not trip and fall. It wasn't that she was small for her age, just... short. Being short was something she didn't enjoy. Mama was being stupid when she said she would be fine while she waited for her. This stupid fatso was OBVIOUSLY not making her 'fine' while she waited for Mama. Mama was probably dead or something. It's been a moon and she STILL wasn't at the waiting place. It's not like she cared. Mama had been too focused on her runty brother to care much about her. But as much as she hated to admit it, she did miss mama. A lot, actually. But she suppressed it stubbornly and continued running. The paws were so, so close behind. She was so, so scared, which was annoying. So, at the top of her lungs, she shrieked, HEY FATSO! GO PICK ON SOMEBODY ELSE SO I CAN GO EAT SOMETHING, I'M QUITE HUNGRY. PLEASE, FATSO? PLEASE?

At this point she was more desperate to stop the chase than hungry. Her legs were jiggly and tired. Not to mention she was out of breath, and too short for this. Way too short. She wanted to be tall! Like Fatso! But noo-ooo. Her annoyance was a perfect distraction from her exhaustion, but after the chase went on longer it was no use. She was utterly exhausted. And couldn't keep this up much longer. Fatso, stop being a fat bully! She announced loudly.Not that it would work, probably. But it was better than nothing. Please?

"Prepare for the horrors
This night will keep repeating over and over
And over
Until you make it to the end"

Chaos is yet to arrive

Last edited by zBlaze; April 9th, 2024 at 04:14 PM.