Thread: April Gathering
View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2024, 05:00 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: April Gathering

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. But Lostspark's heart was not growing. It was shrinking. Lostspark's was only closing in on itself. Folding and folding and folding until it was no more than just something that constantly beat at a steady pace, kept her alive.

They say the heart has a brain of its own. Then why was Lostspark's so intent on making her feel every inch inside her chest that felt like a gaping hole, a wound torn open, one that even she, with all her herbal knowledge, could not heal. Some medicine cat she was.

They say; an optimist laughs to forget, and a pessimist forgets to laugh. Lostspark was neither, which was why she believed only realists thought this way. But at the very least, she was not broken. She had faced lows before, and this... this was nothing in comparison to those.

So in the end, it was simple enough for Lostspark to trail after her mother, following in her large footsteps, a predator on the prowl. She had gotten all the way here, on her own. Rejection, served up by her own kits, her blood, was not going to pull her down. Like hell it would. She would not let it. Gait a slow, lazy stroll, Lostspark made her way up to the Medicine Cat's spot and settled down with nary a sound. She was the first one here, again, despite the fact that ThunderClan had arrived already.

You don't think I know my own palace? I built it.