View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2024, 10:11 AM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Oh lawd she demands training[p]

Hazelstripe

The Collector: Inactive | Ultimate Predator: Inactive

The brown and white tabby frowned with irritation at Midnightpaw’s hesitation. ”Of course you'll be able to catch one, I just showed you hoe to do it perfectly. Now get going.” She growled crossly, flicking her tail with barely masked ire. She had given Runt all of the tools she needed to succeed, now it was up to her to properly execute it. Failure would not be tolerated, especially not with that piss poor attitude. ”If you head into it with doubts, you’re only going to be met with failure. Bring something back or we’ll be trying again until you catch something.” That’s how she had learned anyways. Her mother made her do countless practice pounces before making her catch her own prey. Perfect practice led to perfect results after all.

With that out of the way, Hazelstripe watched the whole thing. It was… messy to say the least. ”Messy work.” She said in a deadpanned monotone tone, eyes narrowed slightly as she studied her apprentice. Honestly, she wasn’t quite sure what she was expecting, as it had been Midnightpaw’s first attempt and she hadn’t bothered drilling in the technique as her mother once did with her. Whatever, she had made the catch and that’s all that mattered right now. They would be able to work on the finer details later on.

Seeing the crestfallen reaction of her dark-furred charge, her whiskers twitched slightly. The look brought up memories that she’d rather forget, but she swallowed back the feeling and hardened her features. ”That being said, your stalking form was perfect. But next time don’t just stare at the mouse, catch it before it gets the opportunity to run.” Praise and scolding, two completely opposite ends of the spectrum. ”However, that is something we can work on, as you did catch it. Good job, Runt.” She praised softly.

Raising her paw, she slowly but gently tapped Midnightpaw’s head. ”You need to be more confident. Hunting half-assed isn’t going to get you anywhere. Additionally, carry yourself with more respect, for yourself and for me. You’re my apprentice, Runt. Do you know what that means? It means you are perfect. Even in your flawed and rough state, as an extension of me, you are perfectly perfect. Remember that. Even if I’m not there to guide you, I expect you to practice until you can do whatever it is in your sleep.” Hazelstripe said, studying the younger she-cat to make sure she understood the depth of her words before continuing ”You are better than all of these other apprentices, you just need to recognize that and embrace that. Am I understood?”

[ @Omari ]

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here