View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2024, 02:26 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: Lessons of the Past [Whole Clan Story Event]

@Alchemist Kitsune (sorry for the delay on this reply)
What Deadmoon hadn't expected when she'd taken a seat to listen to Crowtooth tell a story was for Snowybreeze to join her. It was a pleasant surprise of course, and her previously neutral, almost blank face became a smile as her son former apprentice made his way in her direction. Dipping her head she mewed Hi kiddo! (that nickname would never go away, not as long as she lived and there were cats younger than her), patting the ground next to her in a clear invitation to plop his fluff next to her. She would have been thrilled to be near him anyway, but the somewhat chilly breeze that newleaf retained made him even more welcome as a bulwark of fluff against the elements.

The story quickly absorbed Deadmoon's attention, so shocking was the thought that Windclan had once been more underground and water-friendly than she had anticipated. An odd thought, and while she could understand the wistfulness of Crowtooth as he spoke of times with more tunnelers like him, she couldn't help thinking this might be a bit better. More territory would have been nice, she supposed, but she wasn't a fan of water in the slightest, nor did she love the tunnels in any way. It was strange to think of another Windclan leader too, with Twilightstar the only one Deadmoon could remember in her lifetime. With the oddity of her own name it would hardly be proper of her to laugh at another's, and so she didn't. This fierce fighter hadn't chosen to be named 'flutter' just as she hadn't asked for 'dead' to stay with her throughout her life, and the name did have a nice ring to it. This whole story sounded surreal, though Crowtooth swore it was true. Deadmoon figured it was best to suspend any disbelief until the tale was finished.