View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2024, 10:59 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuspiciousMindz View Post

Hawkbite had been enjoying a sunbathing moment, a rarity in his rather busy life lately. Unlike some of the clan, he enjoyed being in the open clearing, being right smack in the middle of a sunspot. He didn't care if cats stared, in fact, he enjoyed the attention. Now, with his promotion, he'd gotten plenty of attention and his paws itched for relaxation. It was. . . odd to say the least. A new experience that left Hawkbite contemplating the reliability of his clanmates. Nonetheless, he'd never complain aloud as he stepped up to the role and dealt with tasks his clanmates didn't want to do.

Ugh, the thoughts made his tail twitch. It was a tempting prey for a kit who sought play. In fact, that was exactly how he'd met Mothkit. Gosh, he loved that little kit.

Hawkbite suddenly felt his pelt tingle. A sixth sense that signaled someone was staring at him. He wouldn't give away his unease as his gaze casually scanned the clearing for who could've been watching. He came up empty and it was. . . concerning. It was unusual for someone to stay just out of his sight, especially in the camp. That was a Lostspark thing, not typical of some other warrior or apprentice.

His pelt continued to tingle and to attempt soothing it, he sat up and gave his limbs a stretch. Once more, his gaze would casually scan, searching the darker corners briefly. He didn't want to give himself away.

Ah, there they are.

Hawkbite's gaze briefed Silkkit hiding away. He didn't process who he was at first, but he averted his gaze before they'd have a chance to realize they were caught. The Commander fully rose to his paws and padded slowly towards the kill-pile, which happened to not be too far from the young feline.

He scooped up a squirrel, carrying it to a spot nearby. Now that he was within earshot, he made sure his voice was clear and almost welcoming. "Gosh, I don't know how I'm going to eat all of this! I sure hope someone's nearby to share this with!" Hawkbite exclaimed, his gaze scanning around aimlessly, acting dumb to Silkkit's presence.

@bubble[error]. -- Just a Mothkit mention
Silkkit's nose twitched, and the scent of something sinfully delectable brought him out of his thoughts, and quelled the emotions that raged within his little chest. He did not peel an eye open until he heard a somewhat familiar voice speak.
It was brown stripey....
He tried to sneak a glance at the warrior, eyes trying not to openly beeline straight for the prey he held in his possession.
He rose to his paws, carefully squeezing out of the hidey spot he'd nearly outgrown.
For a moment he wondered if he'd made a mistake, suddenly feeling uncomfortable with being so exposed to the surrounding bodies that idly passed him. The lilac point shuddered, his paws already trying to back pedal.
When his rump hit something that was behind him, he jumped.

Silkkit swung his head quickly to look at what he bumped into.
Oh. It was just his hiding spot.
His fur puffed defensively, feeling stupid.
He lowered his head and rubbed a paw over one of his ears before looking for stripey again. With a slight tremble to his paws, and deciding actually talking to someone would be better than stewing in his emotions, he padded forward.
"If no one has offered, I uh... Would like some of the squirrel you have there."

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.