View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2024, 07:24 PM
Scuttling in the basement

Bump Policy: When the stars align (2 days, 1 if urgent)
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: Falling Wishes and Sweeter Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiabirb View Post
Sweetsong
-------------

"I hope you're right, Fallen." Sweetsong murmured, though it was evident that the small pale ginger she-cat was not convinced. "I would...like to have some hope but..." Her voice trailed away, "I feel..confused."

Leaving RiverClan. The very idea made her stomach roil and her throat tighten. She loved her home...even if she didn't like the violence that ran rampantly from time to time. And she had cats here, who liked her, who wanted her to stay. That she wanted to be around for. Boulderpaw, Fallenwish, and Cobwebpaw all held a special place in her heart. Crowpaw too. It would be cruel of her to abandon them because of her fear.

"I don't know when she will calm down," Sweetsong replied after a moment. "She hasn't spoken to me since...and I don't want to upset her further..." Sweetsong shook her head, "You'd be a much better medicine cat than I would, Fallenwish. You are loyal to Birdsnow. She needs that more than she needs a cat whose heart is so...dangerously soft..."

@hades.
"I know I'm right." Fallenwish was terrified of even the consideration that Sweetsong had even a slight chance of leaving. Was that even her room to be scared? No, but she was sure Sweetsong wouldn't leave. That or she was lying to herself.

"You're Riverclan. I like that you don't want to fight. You're the only one here besides me and a few others that would choose peace over 'justice' or whatever." She tried. She wasn't doing well enough at it, though. She wasn't really good at that stuff. She just hoped it worked.

She just wished it would all fly away. She wanted to just be a normal warrior with Sweetsong to be with her forever. She wished Bumblestar had just kept her warriors out of the fight and just not have come at all. Thunderclanners were probably suffering, too. So was Riverclan. Nothing good came with battle.

"Oh, before we forget, we should probably get over to the river." Fallenwish noted lightheartedly. Maybe such shallow and stoic words would make the pain stop for a few seconds. Fallenwish began in the direction of the river.

"I'm pretty sure she just hasn't had anything to say to you." She hoped it was a hope for Sweetsong, but also something for her. Everything would be okay in a couple days. Not the same- her leg couldn't just go back. The memories would always be there, and vividly. But everything would eventually become normal.

Sweetsong's next words confused and, for some reason, angered her. She twitched incessantly for a few seconds. She couldn't be angry at Sweetsong for just saying something. "But you can connect with Starclan! I haven't even been in a dream with a dead cat! Except for recently, but for obvious reasons, that doesn't count. You know more herbs than I do. You're not dangerously soft! Would you stop saying that?" She never meant to sound a little angry, but there was a slight underlying tone to it. She thought for a second. "Besides, my name. Fallenwish. That could be destiny that I'll never be a medicine cat. I'd never know."

"Tomatoes are in the same family as some of the world's deadliest poisons. That just goes to show how rebellious tomatoes are."
"What about how the apple can fall far from the tree?"
"No, sometimes the tomato falls from the plant."

Ɛ> Toyhouse <3

Last edited by Aolani; March 27th, 2024 at 07:26 PM.